Impressions/Review: AWE Touring Catback

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I have the Resonated Touring Edition with stock downpipe (for now) and it sounds awesome! NO rasp or "tin can" sound. A nice sound without being obnoxious.
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
I have the Resonated Touring Edition with stock downpipe (for now) and it sounds awesome! NO rasp or "tin can" sound. A nice sound without being obnoxious.
I want to be as objective as possible with my review as I had a chance to put some miles on our 2020 Launch Edition for our Flying Quarter Mile season 2 feature. (30-roll, 1/4ish mile test of 10 cars).

I owned an N55 135i with a high-flow catted DP, stock resonator and muffler delete. That car sounded amazing.

I can tell you, the Touring (non-Res) with stock DP and our (To be released!) Carbon intake sounds absolutely money!! I could not believe how awesome it sounded in the car and out. I might take the resonated Touring myself just to keep everything super in check if I were to go with a DP.

I don't love but don't hate the S55, but the B58 sounds so good!!! Love every opportunity I have to drive the Supra!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I want to be as objective as possible with my review as I had a chance to put some miles on our 2020 Launch Edition for our Flying Quarter Mile season 2 feature. (30-roll, 1/4ish mile test of 10 cars).

I owned an N55 135i with a high-flow catted DP, stock resonator and muffler delete. That car sounded amazing.

I can tell you, the Touring (non-Res) with stock DP and our (To be released!) Carbon intake sounds absolutely money!! I could not believe how awesome it sounded in the car and out. I might take the resonated Touring myself just to keep everything super in check if I were to go with a DP.

I don't love but don't hate the S55, but the B58 sounds so good!!! Love every opportunity I have to drive the Supra!
I can't wait to get mine.

I ordered the non-res last week, so hopefully soon.

I plant to stick with the OEM intake (HKS filter) and OEM DP for now, so I ordered the non-res.

I've never heard any of them in person and it's difficult to make a decision even based on the countless YouTube videos. However, from my research, the non-res appears to have a bit more "edge" in sound - comparable to the stock F-Type V6S sport exhaust which is incredible.

I can always add the resonator conversion kit later if I decide it's "too much" or if I decided to add an aftermarket DP.

@Dave/AWE, with the resonator conversion kit, can it be added to one side of the exhaust while having the other non or do they have to be used together as a pair? I only noticed that when I received a price quote for EACH instead of them being sold as a pair.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
@Dave/AWE, with the resonator conversion kit, can it be added to one side of the exhaust while having the other non or do they have to be used together as a pair? I only noticed that when I received a price quote for EACH instead of them being sold as a pair.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry if I was the one who sent you that info. On the Supra there is a left and right resonated mid-pipe. You would want both (ideally). If you ran one you'd have an unpredictable outcome sound-wise.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Ah, sorry if I was the one who sent you that info. On the Supra there is a left and right resonated mid-pipe. You would want both (ideally). If you ran one you'd have an unpredictable outcome sound-wise.
[/QUOTE]

@Dave/AWE
Could be niche for you guys, you could put a valve in the Y pipe behind the downpipe. Resonated Touring with a muffler on one side, Track version on the other, change from left to right exit at will.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

@Dave/AWE
Could be niche for you guys, you could put a valve in the Y pipe behind the downpipe. Resonated Touring with a muffler on one side, Track version on the other, change from left to right exit at will.
No worries. I just got the idea from the Magnaflow XMod series where it appears you can add/delete one side (or both) of the muffler or resonator to mix and match the sound volume and tone.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Whaaa you guys are developing an intake too?! Glad I waited. I'll be ordering the track edition exhaust with black tips soon-ish. Still breaking in my car (don't drive it much). Can't wait to see the intake!

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Whaaa you guys are developing an intake too?! Glad I waited. I'll be ordering the track edition exhaust with black tips soon-ish. Still breaking in my car (don't drive it much). Can't wait to see the intake!
I don't know how much I am allowed to say, but yes, there will be 2 versions of it as well. Open and closed. It's on our A90 here. Very nice, looks amazing, notable performance increases, etc.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I don't know how much I am allowed to say, but yes, there will be 2 versions of it as well. Open and closed. It's on our A90 here. Very nice, looks amazing, notable performance increases, etc.
No worries, I will patiently await the official release of this system :) Definitely going closed.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I have their open and closed intake in one of my other turbo vehicles. Its the biggest diameter intake on the market. I imagine they'll make a great intake for the Supra..

-Josh

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
I have their open and closed intake in one of my other turbo vehicles. Its the biggest diameter intake on the market. I imagine they'll make a great intake for the Supra..

-Josh
I can't wait for it to be released. It went through a very extensive R&D process on the dyno with stock and stage 1 cars (we have a 2020 A90) and I think the A90 crowd will be very happy with it!

Last edited: