Intakes - Middle ground between MST and Eventuri?

Fitch

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKIV
And if you don't mind me asking, what do you like best about it, the turbo noises or more the induction noise?

Leaning towards a louder exhaust at the moment.
Having come from NA cars (M3 v8, Porsches, older TypeRs etc) with induction kits, I'm quite used to the sound on one of them at full chat, whereas a turbo car makes far more interesting sounds. Just great fun. Tbf it makes the drive more exciting.

I'd be tempted to just buy it, fit it yourself and sell it on if it doesn't work for you. Supra sounds pretty boring on a stock intake I found.

PS I did did the backbox mod on the standrad exhaust too - quite happy with it tbf.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Having come from NA cars (M3 v8, Porsches, older TypeRs etc) with induction kits, I'm quite used to the sound on one of them at full chat, whereas a turbo car makes far more interesting sounds. Just great fun. Tbf it makes the drive more exciting.

I'd be tempted to just buy it, fit it yourself and sell it on if it doesn't work for you. Supra sounds pretty boring on a stock intake I found.

PS I did did the backbox mod on the standrad exhaust too - quite happy with it tbf.
Yeah fair point, quick to fit and would be easy to sell on if we didn't get on.

whatthesupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra
I have a 2021. I installed an ingen EVO2300 intake and an Mishimoto 3”charge pipe. These items increase the sound a little bit. It sounds great. Also in my opinion it made the car more responsive as well. I spent about $600 for both. It was worth it to me. These are the only mods beside an oil catch can from burger Motorsport tuning I have on the car.
035EF123-C45C-4501-884F-CE7BD400DB06.jpeg

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
You can search here, but many of the open filters that give you the noise actual hurt your Intake Air Temperatures - the OEM box already has an opening for cold air. You will probably get better throttle response, but pretty much no gain in power.

As member Bushido posted, do the following and you will probably be happy for a lot cheaper:

- burger tuning / verus resonator delete (https://www.verus-engineering.com/shop/a0216a-resonator-delete-mk5-toyota-supra-1219#attr=)
- high-flow drop-in air filter (K&N, HKS)
- perhaps an aftermarket turbo inlet too. better flow, throttle response

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
2302280.jpg

FYI, if you really wanna be cheap, you can pick up a plastic or rubber wine bottle stopper and simply plug the resonator inlet hole in the airbox lid. The resonator box will stay where it is, just no longer dampen the turbo hiss noises. Also, remove the acoustic foam from the bottom of the airbox under the filter. Drop in a high-flow filter and you're off to the races!

OP
OP
SCZ4

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I have a 2021. I installed an ingen EVO2300 intake and an Mishimoto 3”charge pipe. These items increase the sound a little bit. It sounds great. Also in my opinion it made the car more responsive as well. I spent about $600 for both. It was worth it to me. These are the only mods beside an oil catch can from burger Motorsport tuning I have on the car.
035EF123-C45C-4501-884F-CE7BD400DB06.jpeg
A few folk have recommended that kit, but can't find any videos online :(
Sponsored