Is supra your daily (or only) car?

• Total voters

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
It's my only car.
I'm single so I have no need for more space and live in NoVA so don't really need a winter vehicle.
I work from home and only drive maybe 2k miles a year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
The supra is my daily car. Originally wasn't intended to. When I bought it, it was the start of the pandemic and I lived across the street from my place of work. Living situation changed and I ended up needing to commute. Was planning on getting a second car to commute in but the car made my 15 mile (55 min) commute somewhat enjoyable. Currently just hit 60k miles.
Wow, that's one of the highest mileage Supras I personally heard of.
Other than basic and planned maintenance, how has reliability been overall?

aspaw1n

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulence Gray
My daily.
When I need to drive far (only usually when the girlfriend wants to go out of town), we use her Lexus.

Sometimes I wish I had another car to daily, but it's always fun driving it every day lol

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Nope.

Really surprises me it would be someone's only car - its too small, cramped inside, very low to ground stock.

Maverick

First Name
Maverick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20" Supra LE #1164, 15" Mustang CO
my daily currently, 80 miles a day and drives just fine. Maybe something else for winter but we'll see when the time comes.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
Yup it's my only car. Mild winters here so it gets driven year round and in any weather. I had a sports car as a second car years back and regretted not driving it more when I sold it after 7 years with less than 25k miles on it. I bought this car to drive and enjoy and that's what I'm doing.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
100% daily car. 10k miles in 1 year. Itā€™s comfortable, gets relatively good gas mileage and it makes commutes much more fun. Wife has a GV80 if we need to do any legit car things lol.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Definitely dont use my Supra as a daily driver. Too many bad drivers out here. I use my other beaters daily for people to use as bumper cars. You know, like 2 weeks ago, I was sitting at a light when someone decided to run into the back of me. If I was in the Supra, someone would be dead.

Ihychristian

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wow, that's one of the highest mileage Supras I personally heard of.
Other than basic and planned maintenance, how has reliability been overall?
Only needed basic and planned maintenance so far. Absolutely no issues at all in the entire 60k miles driven. Most of the maintenance I did myself as well so tbh this car has been extremely cheap to own. Even took it on a cross country trip going 75mph for 4-6 hour stretches and still had no issues then or now.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I dont know how to vote lol. Supra is MY only car, and i work from home so its sorta just a weekend/run errands car. My fiancƩ has her own car a 19 Mazda 3 that we use when we need to like trips to SoCal now where family is because we bring our Mini Aussies. Trips to Costco and stuff we take her car or going to unfamiliar areas since the carbon lip is so low, ive been lucky to get in and out of a few places.

So yeah my only car but not really a daily lol

ciccio90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR | Macan GTS | RR
Not a chance. I love it and grab keys on the evening. But I daily in the SUVs.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Currently my Supra is my daily, but not my only car. I own a 2016 VW Tiguan 4- motion that my wife dailys and we share when it's snowing or flooding and I have to go into the office. I also own a 2007 Cayman that's slowly being built into a caged, pilow-balled, track-only "beater".

The Supra is a great daily driver, even on snowy roads (with good tires). The fuel economy is acceptable, and it's a comfortable car. I have driven mine through 2X New England winters now and I haven't seen a spec of rust. I just don't want to keep putting the miles on the car.

Looking to find a decent daily now, but the interest rates are just so awful. I need something that's great in the snow and gets greater than 25 MPG. Looking at a lightly used GTI or another Volvo...maybe a GR Corolla since they're actually in stock at some of the dealerships near me.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Supra is my only car at the moment and it makes a fantastic daily! Having a blast with it so far and am so glad I held out for a manual to get released! Itā€™s everything Iā€™ve wanted in a sports car since I was a kid!
19 years ago, my mom wrote this note in a book she gave me for my 12th birthday! Fast forward 19 yearsā€¦I do own one of those incredible fast machines and couldnā€™t be happier! šŸ˜Œ

But Iā€™m planning on taking my stepdads 2000 4Runner with 5 speed manual and TRD/Magnusson supercharger šŸ¤© off his hands by the end of this fall for my Colorado winters and as a summer off roading toy. Heā€™s just gotta pull the trigger on whatever he decides for a new car! If he doesnā€™t make up his mind before snowfall, Iā€™ll be buying a beater Subaru to get me through until he does decide because I want that 4Runner! Those 3rd gen T4Rā€™s are beasts and his is in excellent condition, very well maintained as heā€™s the only owner!

4CAF503E-A04B-408B-A819-168DC755E6A3.jpeg

7195B584-A0D7-485C-AD3B-82E4BC863A72.jpeg

LateBraker5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
The Supra is my daily.

My wife has a CRv Hybrid, my teenaged son has a Forester, and we have a Scion FRS as a project car. Technically I have access to the other cars, but I almost always drive the the Supra, it makes my commute and errands much more fun.

I went through this with my previous ā€œfunā€ cars (S2000, 911 turbo) where I would only drive them on weekends or if conditions were just right. I always regretted not actually using the cars more for their intended purposes. I ended up keeping the other cars minty fresh for the next owner. Never again! Iā€™m going to use the heck out of the Supra for my own enjoyment!
Sponsored