• Total voters

Havoc5811

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra,1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
I was sharing the load on both the 2020 Supra and my 1996 Eclipse GSX. Now that the Eclipse is down I have to daily the Supra. Only really drive to work and back with an occasional cruise or show.
IMG_0494.jpeg

Wife and I have a big family so we drive the 2020 GMC Acadia AT4 on my days off. Can’t fit 4 kids in the Supra lol.

FD2B5DB1-A79D-4A70-B011-B904F3FDBC83.jpeg
Sponsored

Havoc5811

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I really hate riding my motorcycle now - people are even dumber than they were when I started riding 16 years ago.
Exactly why I sold my Harley. People just don't pay any attention anymore. I got smoked in my GMC Canyon by some lady texting on her phone and totaled my truck. Sold the motorcycle the next month.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
just crossed over the 1 year of ownership mark last month in my supra and after 13 months, 19,000 miles and 2 sets of tires i can still say i love driving the car everyday, i had a beater to put around in for the winter but between insurance and storage fees' its not worth it to have two cars for the mild winter i have down here in southern ontario.

i love driving the car everyday that's why i bought it, i always say

"not driving your car to keep the miles low, is like not banging your girlfriend so she's better for the next guy"

enjoy it while you have it, paint can be fixed and parts can be replaced!

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Exactly why I sold my Harley. People just don't pay any attention anymore. I got smoked in my GMC Canyon by some lady texting on her phone and totaled my truck. Sold the motorcycle the next month.
Many guys i know in their 40s like me now just ride on track days to have fun in their sportbikes and trailer them.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Daily: 2013 Honda Accord Sport (118k miles original owner)
2nd Vehicle: 2015 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 (77k miles 2nd owner)
Wife/Sometimes Mine: 2022 BMW X7
Weekend Car: 2023 A91 Supra 6MT
Recently learned how to detail, restore paint and polish as a hobby. Wishing I had more parking space to buy some JDM's from the 90s LoL

Last edited:

Kidney

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra with all of it
Vehicle Showcase
Been back and forth on the MKV, I'll admit I am from the MKIV world and had some issues with the car at launch to say the least. Over the years I've warmed up to them, still not 100% sure I'll get one yet but if I do it's for daily duties. I had a Tundra for that but it let me down so I sold it, and I'd rather not daily the MKIV since it's built to the hilt and kind of a one trick pony (fast in straights) as I currently have it setup as a high hp street car.

Time will tell if I pick up a MKV. I've been stuck on GTR's but being real with myself, I want something I'd be able to track on occasion, something for the twisties and as most modern as possible. The MKV can foot that bill and is about half the price of a 2017+ GTR so I've been giving it more thought as of late since I'm also saving for a house.

-Rich

rsz_1rsz_img-7948.jpg

2022-02-28.jpg

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Been back and forth on the MKV, I'll admit I am from the MKIV world and had some issues with the car at launch to say the least. Over the years I've warmed up to them, still not 100% sure I'll get one yet but if I do it's for daily duties. I had a Tundra for that but it let me down so I sold it, and I'd rather not daily the MKIV since it's built to the hilt and kind of a one trick pony (fast in straights) as I currently have it setup as a high hp street car.

Time will tell if I pick up a MKV. I've been stuck on GTR's but being real with myself, I want something I'd be able to track on occasion, something for the twisties and as most modern as possible. The MKV can foot that bill and is about half the price of a 2017+ GTR so I've been giving it more thought as of late since I'm also saving for a house.

-Rich

rsz_1rsz_img-7948.jpg

2022-02-28.jpg
Beautiful MkIV! I think most of us would agree here that the MKV is better value than an R35 for regular street use. Did you prefer to drive one over the other?

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
We have a few in constant rotation - all daily; wife and I do a lot of driving 6-7 days per week.
20’ A90 23000 mi
23’ A91 2600 mi
12’ C63 60000 mi
90 dodge Cummins
Some s2000s in various states of (dis)repair
We try to limit miles on some of them in the summers - it’s been 110+ here for a few weeks straight. HATE driving anything with a tune in that heat.

Havoc5811

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

-Rich

rsz_1rsz_img-7948.jpg

2022-02-28.jpg
That is one Hell of a car there bud.

I too was looking at a GTR. I looked and looked then came across the Supra GR, did research and liked what everyone was saying. Seems like so much more bang for your buck with the Supra.

Kidney

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra with all of it
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful MkIV! I think most of us would agree here that the MKV is better value than an R35 for regular street use. Did you prefer to drive one over the other?
Thank you! Yeah I can agree with that. I also plan to track the MKV if I get one and it seems pretty stout in that regard as well.

To be honest, I haven't driven either. I've rode in a handful of GTR's but I've never driven one. I have a few folks I know that would be willing to let me drive theirs, I just haven't taken the time yet. As for the MKV, still yet to drive one but I need to make that happen, the answer may just pop out at me soon as I can make a comparison between the two platforms. I know it's a "well DUH" moment but I just haven't gotten there yet!

That is one Hell of a car there bud.

I too was looking at a GTR. I looked and looked then came across the Supra GR, did research and liked what everyone was saying. Seems like so much more bang for your buck with the Supra.
The bang for buck aspect is definitely appealing. As mentioned above I should probably have some seat time behind both before I set my heart on either.

-Rich

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
We have a few in constant rotation - all daily; wife and I do a lot of driving 6-7 days per week.
20’ A90 23000 mi
23’ A91 2600 mi
12’ C63 60000 mi
90 dodge Cummins
Some s2000s in various states of (dis)repair
We try to limit miles on some of them in the summers - it’s been 110+ here for a few weeks straight. HATE driving anything with a tune in that heat.
I grew up on the 90s fixing up cars in high buddies garages and after the MKIV got discontinued the S2000 was one that got away. Never had a chance to own one. Did you buy them used or original owner?

VeeBeeA90

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
880whp 2020 Supra, 820whp Evo 9, Astra VXR
Supra is weekend / race car, same with my Evo 9.

Daily is a Toyota Fortuner for school trips for the kids and family holiday car + take the dogs to the beach and wife has a Suzuki Jimny as daily but she does drive the supra to work sometimes if I dont get to drive it on the weekends [dont like to keep it parked for too long]

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My main daily driver has been a 2019 WRX Limited, but I recently let my kid use it as his daily to go to college so I think I will be driving my old 2016 STI as my dd going forward.. I also own a 2017 Golf-R which is my MT euro fun car that I could afford and a 2020 Forester my wife and I share as our household hauler.

My Supra is my garage queen so I only drive her when I feel like it. I enjoy admiring her in my garage (it's a finished garage, nice space) as much as driving her around GT style. No tracking or anything for me. She has less than 4000 miles to date.

My cars were all paid cash new so no loans or anything like that. I don't like strings.
Sponsored