Is the MST turbo inlet worth it?

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
My Supra is going for the MST Version 2 Air intake. However, I am concerned about the crankcase ventilation hose getting damaged by the install since it is so brittle.

I was thinking of upgrading the intake but keeping the turbo inlet as stock. Is there a big difference in turbo sound and spool when using the MST turbo inlet? When compared to stock? Is it even worth getting the MST turbo inlet on a stock turbo? And stock downpipe?

Thanks!
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
My Supra is going for the MST Version 2 Air intake. However, I am concerned about the crankcase ventilation hose getting damaged by the install since it is so brittle.

I was thinking of upgrading the intake but keeping the turbo inlet as stock. Is there a big difference in turbo sound and spool when using the MST turbo inlet? When compared to stock? Is it even worth getting the MST turbo inlet on a stock turbo? And stock downpipe?

Thanks!
I broke my crank case breather. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Just hose clamped it back on, it's not a big deal.

All intakes on the Supra are just noise makers, the factory airbox flows really well, actually. I like the MST intake, and would say if you're going for noise, the v2 is 100% worth it.

OP
OP
LoveSupra

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
I broke my crank case breather. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Just hose clamped it back on, it's not a big deal.

All intakes on the Supra are just noise makers, the factory airbox flows really well, actually. I like the MST intake, and would say if you're going for noise, the v2 is 100% worth it.
Thanks for the reply!

I've actually ordered a replacement OEM hose from Toyota before the upgrade just on case.

Did you have any other issues when the hose got damaged? Or any oil leaks?

Thanks again! ?

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thanks for the reply!

I've actually ordered a replacement OEM hose from Toyota before the upgrade just on case.

Did you have any other issues when the hose got damaged? Or any oil leaks?

Thanks again! ?
Na, nothing to write home about. I think most people break this thing.

OP
OP
LoveSupra

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
Na, nothing to write home about. I think most people break this thing.
Appreciate the clarification. I think I will go ahead with the turbo inlet upgrade.

Thanks once again ?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
It makes a fairly large difference in noise. If you pop out the stock pipe, you'll notice it's plastic and has some bumps/ridges on the inside to reduce noise, while the MST pipe doesn't have any of that.

As for the hose, I was lucky not to break mine, but had clamps and zip ties on hand in case I did. You can get a spare OEM one from Toyota if you're super worried.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I’m usually pretty ham fisted but somehow didn’t break mine. I’ve got the V2 and the swooshy sounds are great.
Hopefully you’ll be lucky too. Good luck!

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Is this part that everyone breaks part of any intake install?

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I was another lucky one - I didn't break mine either. And I love the swooshy, swooshy noises!

OP
OP
LoveSupra

LoveSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 - 2019
I did end up upgrading the turbo inlet with my CAI. No issues with the hose. Just had to be really careful with it by pinching the sides and it came right off.

Fast_Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2005 Evo VIII
Vehicle Showcase
I had the MST inlet on my car for a while, I actually ended up going with the MST V1 (top) and a CTS cast inlet that I had powdercoated...
1643304691325.png
Sponsored