Is your Supra the same after the recall?

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I feel like the JBL surround sound system is better after the ECU update.

For one, it seems like the volume scaling is much better. I pair my phone over Bluetooth and with the phone volume on max, I now need to put the car's volume at around 40-50% to get the volume I want. Before the update, I had the car volume at 20-30%. Also, the radio is no longer loud as shit at 20% volume. An annoyance is that the volume level seems to reset every time my phone connects, so I just have to put it back up to 40%.

The bass also sounds clearer to me. I did have to re-set my equalizer settings, but I basically just bring down treble a few notches and nearly max out bass. And honestly, ever since the update I've never had anything rattle from the bass (at least at my volume levels).
Sponsored

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
? Can't tell if sarcasm...

CarPlay can't see during the day is interesting but rest is coding/options.... did you buy used or forgot you coded these?
LOL. Just trying to add a little humor to our Turkey Day is all.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Has anyone who was previously tuned done the recall?

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Hahaha, it might sound goofy to y'all but seriously! The volume control has legitimately changed. No one else has noticed this?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I got the recall update, and now all my formerly fake vents are fully functional! That was a really nice early Christmas gift from Toyota.
The vents are nice for sure, but I got a 2jz swap!
They went out of their way this time. I brought them a bag of donuts before they started the recall. That might’ve made the difference:dunno:

Last edited:

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hahaha, it might sound goofy to y'all but seriously! The volume control has legitimately changed. No one else has noticed this?
I haven’t noted any difference. I play my music through CarPlay and Amazon Music and I still have to turn the volume to about 50% to get to a decent level. Anything below 25% is pretty much inaudible. Weird, but not the biggest deal in the world. Unlike other things that have been suggested, this seems like something that could be fixed through a software update.
Sponsored