Is your Supra the same after the recall?

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Recall done, no issues at all. Dealership was competent, seemed to have good experience doing this.
I spent part of yesterday evening re-coding what I had made via BimmerCode, i.e what I had before:
Stop/Start memory on, Active Sound Design, out; 30deg side mirror; Start in Sport Individual.

I went on a long drive today, all kinds of roads. I concluded that no matter what Toyota told us, this update/upgrade
involved a bit (maybe quite a bit) more. The car is different in a good and positive way. It could be that I'm all wet but
I find the steering meatier ( I always have it in Sport), the engine pulls harder ( I am stock) the brakes are better. Somehow the
car seems more planted.

Anyone else?
Sponsored

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Main thing I noticed was the steering wheel seems a bit more centered.

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Had the recall done 2 weeks ago, and on the drive home I thought, "This feels like an expensive shirt that's been professionally ironed." :thumbsup: Felt like it cornered flatter, steering was crisper, and the accelerator response was more immediate. I drove it a few more times before putting it away and decided it's not my imagination. :drive:

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Recall done, no issues at all. Dealership was competent, seemed to have good experience doing this.
I spent part of yesterday evening re-coding what I had made via BimmerCode, i.e what I had before:
Stop/Start memory on, Active Sound Design, out; 30deg side mirror; Start in Sport Individual.

I went on a long drive today, all kinds of roads. I concluded that no matter what Toyota told us, this update/upgrade
involved a bit (maybe quite a bit) more. The car is different in a good and positive way. It could be that I'm all wet but
I find the steering meatier ( I always have it in Sport), the engine pulls harder ( I am stock) the brakes are better. Somehow the
car seems more planted.

Anyone else?
I haven't gotten the recall done yet, but man, I hope that's not all placebo because that's great news. And I really don't wanna get stuck with a torched head unit like some folks have experienced.

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
Had the recall done 2 weeks ago, and on the drive home I thought, "This feels like an expensive shirt that's been professionally ironed." :thumbsup: Felt like it cornered flatter, steering was crisper, and the accelerator response was more immediate. I drove it a few more times before putting it away and decided it's not my imagination. :drive:
I like the comparison of professionally ironed. I had mine done I think a week ago now and it was a great experience. I was really worried because Toyota has been kinda clueless with the Supra since I have had mine (check out lady asked me if it was a 5 speed lol. Thankfully she doesn’t work on the cars).

But yeah, it could just be me imagining things but the car feels even better. After the update I have full screen apple CarPlay so that alone brought a smile to my face. I had to bring my Supra in the day before my appointment so they could let it sit overnight and have it cold in the morning for the recall. It only took around 2 hours!!!

Side note. Toyota starting giving out rentals through Enterprise so they had one for me when I dropped my car off and it was a….. MINI VAN! I felt kinda disrespected lmao.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M

car seems more planted.

Anyone else?
I thought it was all in my head. I also feel the engine pulling harder.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The re-learning theory seems plausible. Our ECU did a lot of learning when a good number of us were babying the car during break-in.
I drive much of the same route in city traffic - what has become more apparent is my 2021's exhaust pops happen a lot more. The inner child in me is satisfied.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
After the update, women now want to be with me, men fear me, and sheep are mildly nervous.

As far as the car goes, performs the same as it did before apart from the plus-sized version of CarPlay (I like them big).

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had mine done last week...As expected absolutely no change in performance or handling...
Same. I noticed full screen Apple Carplay. Other than that, it's the same car.

That said, a change log would be nice, Toyota...

Aryanenzo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Main thing I noticed was the steering wheel seems a bit more centered.
I felt this too. The steering in this car always felt a bit off to me, even when it was brand new. I had an alignment done and took it back 3 times and it was on POINT but I felt like the wheel was off centred by a hair...but recently that feeling is completely gone and now that I recall, I stopped feeling this way when I had the update done a few weeks ago.
Sponsored