Is your Supra the same after the recall?

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
After the update, women now want to be with me, men fear me, and sheep are mildly nervous.

As far as the car goes, performs the same as it did before apart from the plus-sized version of CarPlay (I like them big).
I was wondering why I have a harem of supermodels now....
Sponsored

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Took it out again this p.m... Ran errands around town, was in stop + go traffic
then the freeway, a normal day's driving. I can confirm that "my" car sure is different in subtle but real ways, so far in good ways. Heck, I think the brakes
are less fade prone or that the fading is either lessened or happens later.
Interesting...So far I like this "Mod"!

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Took it out again this p.m... Ran errands around town, was in stop + go traffic
then the freeway, a normal day's driving. I can confirm that "my" car sure is different in subtle but real ways, so far in good ways. Heck, I think the brakes
are less fade prone or that the fading is either lessened or happens later.
How do you possibly experience brake fade running errands and doing a normal days driving????

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How do you possibly experience brake fade running errands and doing a normal days driving????
You'll never get brake fade running errands. You can't fix brake fade with software.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
That *could also* just be the ecu relearning/adjusting.
This is what I thought as well because the Sport+ felt noticeably sluggish for about a day and then perked up.

Also my brakes still feel like shit 90% of the time and idk if everyone is just use to it or mine is unique, but these brakes have sucked since day 1

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
You'll never get brake fade running errands. You can't fix brake fade with software.
This.

Heck, I think the brakes are less fade prone or that the fading is either lessened or happens later.
At a guess it's much cooler now than it was before you got the update? There ya go. ;)

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
I like the comparison of professionally ironed. I had mine done I think a week ago now and it was a great experience. I was really worried because Toyota has been kinda clueless with the Supra since I have had mine (check out lady asked me if it was a 5 speed lol. Thankfully she doesn’t work on the cars).

But yeah, it could just be me imagining things but the car feels even better. After the update I have full screen apple CarPlay so that alone brought a smile to my face. I had to bring my Supra in the day before my appointment so they could let it sit overnight and have it cold in the morning for the recall. It only took around 2 hours!!!

Side note. Toyota starting giving out rentals through Enterprise so they had one for me when I dropped my car off and it was a….. MINI VAN! I felt kinda disrespected lmao.
I too live in Ohio. What dealer upgraded your Supra

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Had it done too, no difference at all in sound, steering, tracking, gas pedal or braking.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I wanna know what drugs y’all are on who noticed the difference affer the recall? Bc I need some!!!! Lmao ?
It's called Placebo and it's amazing.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you need a script for it? I may want to try it as long as it's not habit forming or a gateway drug.
As long as you don't mind bright colors, they are readily available under the street names "M&M's" and "Skittles" and are over the counter at most convenience stores. ?

As far as habit forming however... I think there is a high risk... and they can definitely be a gateway drug to the harder stuff like cookies and cakes.

Or get the pharmaceutical grade stuff marketed under "homeopathic remedies" ?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91, wrangler JK
i noticed that too. the recall update was done last Thursday
i felt that the car has better & louder turbo spool from before the recall. mine is stock as well.
i asked my friends who owns supra & said the same thing that they fell that the car has more power than before the recall

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is how "audiophile" companies sell mega-buck cables, overpriced power strips, and magic stones (which increase HP as well if you put them on your engine's "CPU"). :rolleyes: If you look for differences in almost anything... the brain is amazingly capable of finding things on it's own. Submit them to a ABX comparison and suddenly you can't pick them out any longer.

Not that there's anything wrong with believing an update dramatically changed the performance of your car - but back to back dynos would be required to substantiate it. On the other hand, if you're happy in the belief... is it wrong, even if it's not technically real? In an age of so much fluidity... probably not. ?
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk