JB4 Map 3 with Octane booster

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I would HIGHLY suggest a downpipe (catted or not doesn't matter) before going further and/or trying to raise the boost more. The JB4 OTS maps on the stock downpipe are a terrible combination.
This really should be the first choice for anyone wanting to modify this car, IMO.
Sponsored

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I can't comment on E85/35/50/etc. in this car, though there's plenty of evidence out there, but I will say that I've had positive results from properly measured Boostane Professional additive to fuel in other performance cars. I have two cans sitting in the garage I've been considering properly mixing into the Supra to get a bit of additional octane to see how the car handles it.
If the quality is good and consistent, it's a great add-on. If you use it, make sure you leave room for error in your map in case you get a can with lower octane than usual.

My issue with the octane booster is not the power potential but the consistency and the dangers if you get a bad can.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I've noticed that additive boost is always inconsistent and you'd be better off on map 1. I have another piggyback(TurboTransformer) which ranges from 0.2-4 psi of boost settings. If I set it to 3 psi I'll see around 23-24 psi, If I set it at 2 psi I'll see 21-22.5 psi and if I set it to 1.6 psi I'll see 20.5-21.6 psi so I keep it at 1.6 psi plus I use 3 gallons of E85 mix with 93. I have the best catless dp(Armytrix) and a high flow filter.
Think that high flow filter does much for ya? Not challenging you on it, just curious on your thoughts.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
If the quality is good and consistent, it's a great add-on. If you use it, make sure you leave room for error in your map in case you get a can with lower octane than usual.

My issue with the octane booster is not the power potential but the consistency and the dangers if you get a bad can.
Yeah for sure. I've always used it more for things like my truck, which has a 93 tune on it, that gets taken to places that don't have 93 and I need to use it in a pinch on occasion.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
Think that high flow filter does much for ya? Not challenging you on it, just curious on your thoughts.

I don't really know but was just mentioning mods in case anybody was wondering why I'm boosting too high with conservative additive boost.
Sponsored