JB4 Map 3 with Octane booster

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
So I've heard that adding octane booster to 93 octane will allow you to run map 3 on the JB4.

My question is how do you gauge the right amount of octane booster to add. I am going to use boostane, as I heard it's one of the best boosters out there.

Can you just add the whole can of octane booster to 93 and be fine?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Thank you for the info! With this being known, seems better to just stay on map 2 for now until I get a custom tune for the JB4
If you're looking for that custom map @Jesse DaBears will have you sorted out real quick.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
no

that is trying a short cut. asking for lean out

get supporting mods and fueling for what map you want to run. it is all spelled out in 3rd grade english i am being jerkish because you will face heartache tuning w short cuts

OP
OP
mdbr0tha

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
no

that is trying a short cut. asking for lean out

get supporting mods and fueling for what map you want to run. it is all spelled out in 3rd grade english i am being jerkish because you will face heartache tuning w short cuts
👍

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks zrk for the great info. I'll reach out to JD
I just went through the process of creating a custom 93 octane map with @Jesse DaBears, and going from OTS map 2 to the custom map 6 was like night and day. Much smoother and the car pulls harder, based on the butt dyno. Next up, an E35 map! His services are highly recommended!

OP
OP
mdbr0tha

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
I just went through the process of creating a custom 93 octane map with @Jesse DaBears, and going from OTS map 2 to the custom map 6 was like night and day. Much smoother and the car pulls harder, based on the butt dyno. Next up, an E35 map! His services are highly recommended!

Nice! What mods do you currently have?

OP
OP
mdbr0tha

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
im not a fan of octane booster; it's not consistent.
Gotcha! Why so? If you get something reputable like boostane? will it not be the same octane increase if you use it with the same 93 gas you've been using?

What do you think would be another option to get 93+. Only thing I can think of is race gas, but that might be a bit much going over 100 Octane.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Nice! What mods do you currently have?
Not much at all in the form of engine modifications that would make a huge difference in terms of a custom map - AA catted downpipe and an AWE Track Edition exhaust. I believe the HKS air filter and FTP turbo inlet pipe have zero impact, but who knows. The difference here is that the custom map is simply that much better than the OTS maps that come with the unit.

OP
OP
mdbr0tha

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
Not much at all in the form of engine modifications that would make a huge difference in terms of a custom map - AA catted downpipe and an AWE Track Edition exhaust. I believe the HKS air filter and FTP turbo inlet pipe have zero impact, but who knows. The difference here is that the custom map is simply that much better than the OTS maps that come with the unit.
Makes sense! I'm still running stock DP with Tomei Titanium Exhaust, and HKS Carbon Intake
Sponsored