Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
hope that clears it up a bit.

also, I don’t trust any dealership to do any service I can do.
All clear......wasn't "insulting your intelligence"......BTW, I feel the same as you with regards to doing some of my own service. HOWEVER, the fact that i did ALL of my scheduled service at the dealer, actually worked in my favor when my engine took a dump and had to be replaced(only 25K on the odometer).......no way to dispute the warranty replacement due to the fact that ALL service had been done at the dealer. It was even stated that way on the warranty claim work order.....I am pretty good at doing my own service as well but since the car is under warranty, might as well let them do it for just that reason alone.........had I done my own, they could have pinned that $5K engine replacement on my pocketbook and it would have taken another $5K in attorney fees trying to prove otherwise.......Hope that clears it up.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Wow, what happened to your engine. Is it a known issue

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
25k is the most I think I have seen on a Supra yet. Glad you are driving it and not making it a garage princess. I paid this much for a car.... I am driving it; not keeping it in the garage so the next guy can drive it. Congrats on the mileage, but sorry for the mechanical failure.

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
25k is the most I think I have seen on a Supra yet. Glad you are driving it and not making it a garage princess. I paid this much for a car.... I am driving it; not keeping it in the garage so the next guy can drive it. Congrats on the mileage, but sorry for the mechanical failure.
I agree with you.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I'll be there in a few months... well hopefully not the failure part. I couldn't agree more. Part of the reason I picked the MKV over something more "exotic" was not to have to worry about the depreciation from constant use. These will depreciate no matter what you have on them for the most part (sure maybe a bit more from mileage, but not like a Porsche).

What's better... 1000 hours of fun and ~$3-5K less in resale value... or a car that never goes anywhere and still lost thousands sitting in the garage? These are never going to be "collectors" unless Toyota completely abandons the model in the next 2 years.
Sponsored