First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Too late to change anything.
I’m perfectly fine with this car not existing.. old saying.. ‘nothing is better than nonsense’ concept.
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
First, let's not forgot this is still a prototype. Second, why don't you guys relax until we see it officially unveiled.

Remember how everyone cried wolf when they saw the first mule?

Toyota Supra 1.jpg

ginsuown

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Nissan 350z, 2007 Honda Civic
First, let's not forgot this is still a prototype. Second, why don't you guys relax until we see the unveiled.

Toyota Supra 1.jpg
The car has come a long way... and still a long way to go. Personally I'm optimistic with what I've been seeing so far!
I think the tire sizes are especially telling - the M4 has 275's in the back at 400+lbs-ft of torque. Granted it is a bit heavier so it has more overall mechanical grip. For a ~3050lbs car, 275's are still suitable for close to 400lbs-ft, imo.

<edit> Oops sorry, I didn't realize this was the interior thread - I have so many tabs open reading all of the updates that it gets confusing :p

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Damn. The exterior has come a long way (minus the side mirrors + the fake vents). Although not much has been seen interior wise, doesn't seem like much has changed from the little we have seen in the past. The HUD is about the only exciting thing from this and the BMW Z4 steering wheel somewhat.

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 MKIV Supra, 09' 997.1TT, 15' Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
That steering wheel is straight FUGLY!!! If it's a sports car, then give us what we expect, not a chucky POS with 12 buttons. IMO my wifes Audi S5 is the perfect blend of sport and luxury as well as a wheel that can have a few buttons but remain sleek. This fuckery is why I hate modern Toyota interiors, with their large buttons for old farts with bad eyesight. If the infotainment system has the ability to have controls from a center mouse then ditch all the added button on the wheel.
3236f7bb-5bcb-4f23-a8fe-adbf4635dbec.jpg

I'm not asking for a duplicate of my MKIV, but I'd also not like a duplicate of a BMW either...

WAKE UP TOYOTA, you missed the boat!!!

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Damn. The exterior has come a long way (minus the side mirrors + the fake vents). Although not much has been seen interior wise, doesn't seem like much has changed from the little we have seen in the past. The HUD is about the only exciting thing from this and the BMW Z4 steering wheel somewhat.
I still think the mirrors are just place holders.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/2019-toyota-supra-first-prototype-spotted-photos-video-inside.358/

I think quite a bit has change inside as well.

Toyota Supra 13.jpg

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I still think the mirrors are just place holders.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/2019-toyota-supra-first-prototype-spotted-photos-video-inside.358/

I think quite a bit has change inside as well.

Toyota Supra 13.jpg
I hope you're right about the mirrors. Yeah I guess it has made some light strides comparing anything to the 1st proto-type. Since the exterior started looking FT-1ish I expected the interior to follow suit, not identical but close. Instead it seems like its based off the Z4 interior concept.

Last edited:

Zaki

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zaki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Acura NSX, 2010 Nissan GTR; 2013 Lexus LS FSport; 2017 Prius Prime
First, let's not forgot this is still a prototype. Second, why don't you guys relax until we see it officially unveiled.

Toyota Supra 1.jpg
You seriously think that what is seen of the interior, almost exactly a BMW, is simply a cover up??
That they will reveal something different for the real Supra interior?
Why would they take a BMW interior and put it in this car, at this time, at this event?

If this is not an official reveal, albeit in bits and pieces, who else will release it in its real guise? BMW? Honda? Maybe Nissan will show the real "official" version?

There is a difference between being realistic and being blind to what is obviously a thinly camouflaged heavily BMW sourced interior.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
We cannot let mediocrity be celebrated.

IF WE WAIT UNTIL THE SUPRA IS RELEASED TO COMPLAIN IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- INTERIOR NEEDS A REDESIGN TO LOOK MORE LIKE TOYOTA SUPRA AND LESS LIKE BMW.
- NEEDS MORE CHARACTER.
- STEERING WHEEL NEEDS A REDESIGN.

WAKE UP TOYOTA !!!!

toyota-supra-1998-interior-wallpaper-2.jpg

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
You seriously think that what is seen of the interior, almost exactly a BMW, is simply a cover up??
That they will reveal something different for the real Supra interior?
Why would they take a BMW interior and put it in this car, at this time, at this event?

If this is not an official reveal, albeit in bits and pieces, who else will release it in its real guise? BMW? Honda? Maybe Nissan will show the real "official" version?

There is a difference between being realistic and being blind to what is obviously a thinly camouflaged heavily BMW sourced interior.
Don't put words in my month. What I am saying is we should hold off until judgment until we see the real thing.

Sure what can been seen looks very BMWish. But what about the rest? I already see some elements that do remind me of the FT1. The part on drivers side center console seems to sweep up and meet the dash and dash area on the passenger side. I also think the air vents look FT1ish.

Toyota Supra Interior 1.jpg

McCalls_Toyota_FT1_008.jpg

Toyota Supra Interior 2.jpg

m-f-future-concept_vehicles-1403_toyota_ft_1_concept_first_look-66843684-Toyota-FT-1-interior-03.jpg

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
NNNNOOOoooooo!

7B8A18E1-56D1-4731-96E0-73D33155A0E8.jpeg
Surprise surprise, it’s a BMW with Toyota cover and badge.

Really? Everyone who is surprised about that fact must have been very ignorant the last month/years.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
it was always going to be a bespoke interior using BMW parts/materials... you can only do so much.

the interior is not the same as the Z4, but it's also not what I feel some of you expected (FT-1/Lexus).

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Here you can see another BMW part. Surprised?

BA2271E8-6F64-4EF9-BFAC-1DE5BE6D3DF8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.