Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
not gonna lie but these videos helped me fall in love with a80 interior. as others have pointed, from what we can see so far, there just doesn't seem to be any, mmm, feeling.

with the a80 you feel like youre in a jet.

bmw interiors are nice and they look like they get the job done, but there's no emotion? personally i feel like this is the reason why I like the japanese styling of cars so much over european models.

they're so quirky and bold: facelift 86, sf-r concept, lexus grills, the new corolla hatch, avalon and camry ...which might explain why the only euro car id get would be the stubby 1m or m2. everything else in bmw kind of looks the same. just bigger versions of another?

as mentioned before, toyotas had a nice list of cars with memorable cockpits, but with this....not big on conservative styling which is the vibe im getting from this interior so far. its like the outside doesnt match the inside (i get that supra is supposed to be above 86 but seeing goodwood made me realize how much 86 i see in supra. cant imagine 86 with bmw streamlined interior)

shout outs to japaneses styling and s2000 inter for being simple and driver oriented = personality. that whole gauge cluster area looks like a PSP or nintendo swtich/gameboy advance. like you can grab it by its sides with screen in mid

2006_honda_s2000_picture%20(12).jpg

also shouts out to mazda for bringing the OUTSIDE beautifully IN with exterior color matched interior window sills/ accents? could the supra get at least that?

1030efd3483d493d8e1941595da47c0a.jpg

but in the end, whatever.

tons of other things in the world worth worrying about ;)

relive the fun:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2054
Sponsored

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Iā€™d rather donā€™t give a quote on it, cause the discussion is far too emotional in here.

After all I can see at these spy pics iā€™m closely sure, that the Supra dashboard will be a mix of iDrive 6 and iDrive 7 Parts while the Z4 comes with the all new iDrive 7 design and technology.

There are lots of circumstances that make me believe in that. The shifter, the iDrive controller, the ac buttons, the knobs and buttons at and behind the steering wheel, the hud, the air outlets, the nav display and so on.

Basically I would be fine with that, but in that case Iā€™d rather had the completely same dashboard in both, Supra and Z4. Iā€™m fearing that this mix looks a little outdated in direct comparison.

Finally there is just one very personal statement I wanna leave: In my eyes BMW interiors are far away from being boring! And there are lots of possibilities to make it individual and pretty nice.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
to those complaining about the steering wheel

That's what Aftermarket is there for

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Yes. The steering wheel looks very BMW.

The whole center console looks even more BMW.

I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I don't want to see them fail.

I will keep following this thread closely.
And i can see why, because there's nothing to take from the FT1 interior.
Toyota-FT-1-interior-NAIAS-2014.jpg

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
There are elements from the FT1. Which BMW interior do you think it looks like? A70 said, it looks different from the Z4, but at the same time it does still use BMW parts. Some of you make it sound like its a straight up copy and paste.

IMG_4006.jpg
Are those Cupholders in the center console!!!??? It's NOT a Supra!!!

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
A BMW interior in a Toyota? That is simply unacceptable. I hope there will be more changes to come. BMW makes the worst interiors in the car industry. I wonder how they get away with that and customers paying a premium for that under-grade interior. BMW M4 (ā‚¬70K) interior is worse than Dacia (ā‚¬10K).

Bu getting a BMW interior, I expect the Supra to get a BMW key fob.

13-bmw-f15-x5-m-sport-07-key.jpg

This thing is a spyware. All data is stored on it, including every location of the car, if the car has GPS. Even if you go somewhere without your phone, your car will track you and record everything (or at least the latest time) about your location.

Last edited:

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
A BMW interior in a Toyota? That is simply unacceptable. I hope there will be more changes to come. BMW makes the worst interiors in the car industry. I wonder how they get away with that and customers paying a premium for that under-grade interior. BMW M4 (ā‚¬70K) interior is worse than Dacia (ā‚¬10K).

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry to say that, but this is completely bullshit. Maybe there are a few interiors of higher level than BMW does, but most cars are far beyond.

Have you ever been sitting in a Dacia? I did and thatā€™s why I know that you are completely wrong.

I do understand, that Toyota lovers donā€™t want a BMW interior. And no BMW engine and no BMW drivetrain and so on. You should wake up, this Supra is a BMW based car. No matter if you want it or not.

On the risk of repeating myself: You wouldnā€™t get any new Supra without a collaboration with another brand. The market is way to small. But maybe the next Supra is based on a collaboration with Dacia ;)

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
The way I see it, in order for the car to be competitively priced and have all the things that people want (tunability, etc) Toyota has to give in on something. We can't expect the car to have everything we want off the bat - the car would be pretty expensive if it did. I'd say we should give this a real chance and wait until we see a proper reveal (when half the interior isn't covered up).

Keep in mind, when I saw the first mules roll out I honestly wasn't that impressed with the exterior styling. But looking at this almost finished product, I definitely am. I am sure it will be the same story with the interior.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
to those complaining about the steering wheel

That's what Aftermarket is there for
...yes if it is a track car, but there are no aftermarket solutions for a steering wheel that retains your steering wheel controls..

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota jumping into the sports car scene again... best explained by this video.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
...yes if it is a track car, but there are no aftermarket solutions for a steering wheel that retains your steering wheel controls..
Maybe there will be some BMW steering wheels that fits. ;)

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
If were forced with a BMW like interior...

Atleast give us a nice Mperformance wheel as an optional add on !!!

attachment.jpg

FT1 had a sport display integrated, but I'd be willing to settle for the above...

toyota_ft1_concept_interior_naias_detroit_auto_show_jan_2014-100225511-large.jpg

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If were forced with a BMW like interior...

Atleast give us a nice Mperformance wheel as an optional add on !!!

attachment.jpg
Thatā€™s a really nice one!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.