Latest 2020 Supra Interior Spy Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
Cool interior shots.
Seating position is very low. Awesome.
Round steering wheel, none of that D-shaped nonsense thank god.
Seats do look pretty comfortable, side bolsters similar to those of base cayman / 911 seats. For real track use, the transmission tunnel and the door will hold you in place, not those seats :yes:

EDub

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Mark II
After closer look, there is certainly enough space and looks like there is a chance.

Although it looks like getting into 1st would be annoying with that angled dash piece by the shifter.

Lets hope all that gets sorted with a Manual Tranny !
It's got me thinking, if the engine ends up being a BMW variant, they'll probably be a manual trans you could buy brand new for a few k that would bolt right up. In the event this car doesn't come manual I'd just swap mine.

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
It's got me thinking, if the engine ends up being a BMW variant, they'll probably be a manual trans you could buy brand new for a few k that would bolt right up. In the event this car doesn't come manual I'd just swap mine.
Not to get too technical but swapping anything would require much more than a few bolts and custom mounts. Until the ECU is cracked and you are able to disable most of the safety features and signals coming from and to the stock auto trans I don't think you'll be able to drive it at full power. Not to mention no cruise control, ABS probably, traction control, TSS and whatever sensors were used in the auto.

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
Crazy talk.

You might as well buy a manual Porsche...

The amount of Work and money required to get an auto/DCT driveline into a manual is what race garages or heavy modification companies do... And they're budget is not logical for a production car....

It's auto/DCT... Until Toyota or BMW release one that is manual... Maybe in 2022... If this car does well enough.

I want a manual so I got a Nismo. Will probably get the new incarnation of the 86 in 2021 or this supra facelift and manual spec'd... But heaps of assumption there.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
We know a manual is possible in terms of hardware.
2019-bmw-z4-spy-photo.jpg

We will have to see about software and that is where the trouble comes. The lack of manual handbrake makes things a little harder. Unfortunately cars have so many "fail-safes" for mindless people that a lot of complexity is added. With the electronic parking brake, shift indicator and rev-matching, the manual gearbox needs a sensors to know in which gear it is, it has to be coupled (programed) with all the other systems. If for example you do not couple the manual gearbox with the electronic handbrake, the car might roll on an incline when you switch it off not in first gear, it might not even switch off because you are not holding the brake pedal and the e-brake has not engaged.

Oh God, what stupidity have car makers come to!

EDub

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Mark II
Not to get too technical but swapping anything would require much more than a few bolts and custom mounts. Until the ECU is cracked and you are able to disable most of the safety features and signals coming from and to the stock auto trans I don't think you'll be able to drive it at full power. Not to mention no cruise control, ABS probably, traction control, TSS and whatever sensors were used in the auto.
Oh I'm aware, I just put a 370z transmission into a JZX110 Toyota Mark II and even with that being just over 15 years old I've had to get an extra chip made by a guy in Russia installed into my ecu to trick the car into thinking it still has the Auto so it gives me full power, doesn't throw codes, etc.

I'm just really into manuals, if this car doesn't come manual I may not swap it right away but it will definitely be in the works.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
As someone who has done a manual setup in a modern car that never came with a manual (IS350), there are challenges to getting everything to work properly. That said, it doesn't make it impossible. There are always some hurdles, but they can usually be sorted out.

The biggest one for sure will be to get the ECU to be happy without all of the transmission inputs. Having the ability to reprogram/crack the ECU may be of great importance. Alternatively, if there is a Z4 Manual, that could make things much simpler, especially if there is a grade of Supra that actually shares an engine with the Z4.

Much to think about and do, it will become clearer once the cars are released, but for sure if there is no manual in the Supra, I will be working on making that happen.

Jeff

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yeah, the biggest issue is the different motor and ECU.

it's definitely possibly hardware wise though, due to the Z4 having the option.

86Driver

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
I really wish we knew when the higher end supra was coming. I wanna be a day 1, but I want the high end model lol first world problems.
I was thinking this yesterday... if I like the car then do I want to get in early? But if there is a higher spec I think I’d rather wait a little bit (particularly to see the pricing options).
I’m keen on this car, but the slow-ass release of info is annoying.

I wanna know specs, price and what models they’re releasing.
Guess the wait continues.

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
I really wish there was a hole here instead if this hunk of plastic

mkiv.png

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
I really wish there was a hole here instead if this hunk of plastic

mkiv.png
LOL, it’s from the BMW reject pile. Hummm... you guys can have this one since we won’t be using it.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
If it makes you guys feel any better, it looks like the wheel from the Avalon, aka the other steering wheel you would have gotten if this was an all-toyota project. :p:p:p

avalonwheel.jpg
I like that steering wheel a lot thank you Very much sir! Good day to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.