LE Supra Registry Thread: Launch Edition What Number Are You?

SCCA Racer#75

First Name
Dave`
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 ZL1 1LE
Can’t find where I read the breakdown on color choices for the LE models. But I’m sure it said 50% would be red. So my earlier post wasn’t accurate. Maybe someone can post the article or press release on this thread
Yeah 'someone wrote that'... but there was no official release saying that. For all we know its 500/500/500.

Best Regards,
Dave
Sponsored

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Ah fak that should've been 749 not 999 lol. :banghead:

But anyway, we don't know the official breakdown. I'm kind of afraid to use for sale ads because a lot of the time dealers don't even know the difference between LEs and the other models... Some of the cars that dealers claimed were LEs when I was still looking for one were actually base models (e.g., I was told by one dealer that they had an LE at MSRP, but when I asked whattolor it was, they said "blue"). :banghead::banghead::banghead:

EDIT: By the way, where did the VIN list come from and how do we know that thing's accurate?
I found the list while scouring the internet and in terms of accuracy well, show me how it's inaccurate and then I'll believe because I tested it myself about 50 times and it's been accurate every single time I'm sure You Drive would confirm it's accuracy as well.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I found the list while scouring the internet and in terms of accuracy well, show me how it's inaccurate and then I'll believe because I tested it myself about 50 times and it's been accurate every single time I'm sure You Drive would confirm it's accuracy as well.
It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a manufacturer has claimed that they only produced X units a limited-edition car but they actually produced more than X (e.g., with the Ferrari Enzo, of which there were supposedly "only 399 ever made"), but the txt file had 1544 VINs on it. The list has actually been accurate from what I've seen as well in terms of VINs we know being on there, but I'm just curious as to where it came from as well as why there's 44 extra cars on there.

MidgetCyclops

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ, Dodge Nitro, MKV Supra
It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a manufacturer has claimed that they only produced X units a limited-edition car but they actually produced more than X (e.g., with the Ferrari Enzo, of which there were supposedly "only 399 ever made"), but the txt file had 1544 VINs on it. The list has actually been accurate from what I've seen as well in terms of VINs we know being on there, but I'm just curious as to where it came from as well as why there's 44 extra cars on there.
It takes a lot of vehicles for crash safety testing with all the angles of impact they have to try. Just speculation but maybe they were crash mules.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
It takes a lot of vehicles for crash safety testing with all the angles of impact they have to try. Just speculation but maybe they were crash mules.
I'm hoping that the crash testing would've been done long before they moved to production of the cars. Along those same lines, though, a lot of cars have been held up for quite a while at port due to issues. I wonder if any of the LEs were damaged during transportation to the point to where they had to rebuild new LEs to take their place...?

MkV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv supra
The last five of my vin is 20999 can someone give me a range of what LE # that might be

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping that the crash testing would've been done long before they moved to production of the cars. Along those same lines, though, a lot of cars have been held up for quite a while at port due to issues. I wonder if any of the LEs were damaged during transportation to the point to where they had to rebuild new LEs to take their place...?
I was traveling so I couldn't answer but You Drive already answered this for me as this was my initial question when I originally posted.If you look up the first vin in detail it says Camouflage on it within the work order do you catch my drift? This can be seen a few pages back.

Thanks.

JggyMKV

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Is anyone filling the spreadsheet and updating. #305 here. Nocturnal black.
Sponsored