"LIMIT" icon?

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
Is this a new thing after the break recall reprogramming? I just noticed it this morning after a cold start and I don't remember seeing it before. I just had the recall done less than a couple weeks ago.
Any idea what it means? Cold? Low fuel? What is being limited?
1635181710625.png
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Is this a new thing after the break recall reprogramming? I just noticed it this morning after a cold start and I don't remember seeing it before. I just had the recall done less than a couple weeks ago.
1635181710625.png
It's the speed limit icon - it's definitely changed in some capacity. It's possible that it shows when a limit cannot be determined.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
1635181710625.png
People are reporting this after the recall due to the navigation system not functioning. They are having to have their head units replaced. Does your nav work, or is it stuck on "loading"?

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
People are reporting this after the recall due to the navigation system not functioning. They are having to have their head units replaced. Does your nav work, or is it stuck on "loading"?
Nav seems fine, or at least it's loading/functioning. I haven't navigated anywhere, but I did have it showing the map when I was driving last night. There's no other messages/warnings anywhere.

I'll see what it does when I drive it this evening. The icon was there through two startups.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Nav seems fine, or at least it's loading/functioning. I haven't navigated anywhere, but I did have it showing the map when I was driving last night. There's no other messages/warnings anywhere.

I'll see what it does when I drive it this evening. The icon was there through two startups.
I have also read folks seeing this initially after the update and having it clear after a startup or two. Is it still there or are you getting proper speed limit info now?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Toggle thru the menus. Turn off all safety. Wait, then turn them all on. By safety I mean speed limit warning and all radar related stuff. I'd play around with all settings.. there's like 10 anyhow.. Maybe values are in limbo, defaults not set and need to be back to ones and zeroes..

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
Toggle thru the menus. Turn off all safety. Wait, then turn them all on. By safety I mean speed limit warning and all radar related stuff. I'd play around with all settings.. there's like 10 anyhow.. Maybe values are in limbo, defaults not set and need to be back to ones and zeroes..
I found it. Maybe something changed in how they display stuff because all the settings in safety are what I remember setting them to. The icon toggles on and off in this menu:

1635260884374.png

"Off" turns it off, while the other two have it on. I was on "adjust manually", which I prefer.

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I found it. Maybe something changed in how they display stuff because all the settings in safety are what I remember setting them to. The icon toggles on and off in this menu:

1635260884374.png

"Off" turns it off, while the other two have it on. I was on "adjust manually", which I prefer.
So if I change it to adjust manually and I'm driving in a 70, but I manually change that to 150, will I not get a ticket?! ?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I firmly believe we're going to get a LIMIT icon recall after hearing about this so much.

Instead of killing the nav system they're going to kill the gauge cluster altogether.

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
1635181710625.png
Read page 143 on ur manual, states it's on instrument cluster and heads up display.

Last edited:

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

1635260884374.png

Did selecting adjust manually get rid of the icon?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
The "Limit" turned into "Speed Limit" when the car begins moving.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I am just so glad I've not taken my car in for this BS.

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
Did selecting adjust manually get rid of the icon?
No, only "Off" gets rid of it. The icon looks dumb sitting there useless, and using the set button to apply the current speed limit is not that big of a draw for me, so I opted for off.

I can just imagine a meeting where some engineer passionately defended this change as logical and necessary. May they have a sleepless night tonight.