Looking for a Downpipe

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
The CEL came on today and is this related to JB4/downpipe setup?

Screenshot_20191009-065827_JB4 Mobile.jpg
Sponsored

ST-AUTOSPORT

First Name
Tonni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Lexus IS300, Celica GT-4 ST205 WRC, MR2 SW20,
should point out that none of the downpipes listed fit EU cars, EU cars with GPF have a vband connection on the bottom instead of a slip on fitting.

supramkvdownpipes.jpg

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Did it trigger a CEL? Iā€™ve been curious to know if the mini cat downpipes do enough to prevent the code from triggering.
No CEL. The catless however will throw a CEL but can always be fixed with a tune

Dkstas

First Name
Dolan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2015 Dodge Charger R/T, 2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn
Anyone get the armytrix downpipe? If so, what does the "cat simulator" look like? Just another spacer? Can't find pics of it anywhere.

Supra Man

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 Supra(Sold) / 04 Rsx-S(Rip) / 13 Nismo 370z(Current)
quick question for the guys with catless dp and got a tune to remove the cel light.. do you guys know if this will show up during emission time saying "disabled 02"? on my previous vehicles, i have catless dp on them and have all used spacers and never gotten a code and was told on the forums that by disabling it on the flash or after market ecu, i would fail emissions..

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
No CEL. The catless however will throw a CEL but can always be fixed with a tune
Now that you have had it for a couple weeks i am just curious if this has thrown a CEL at any time? Also I am curious if you are running a tune what kind of performance numbers you are getting with the catted. I would prefer to run catted downpipe just to make my life easier with not having a CEL and from a state inspection standpoint.

absaifan

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv Supra, MKIV 2jz-gte, Q7, FJ Cruiser
A dp install will cause CEL and not all piggybacks are capable of removing it so you will need an 02 extender/ simulator/ catted extender to clear the CEL for good (I. E. jb4 can clear the CEL but it will pop back after 60 miles, repeat to clear)
Or else go for a flash tune.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
A dp install will cause CEL and not all piggybacks are capable of removing it so you will need an 02 extender/ simulator/ catted extender to clear the CEL for good (I. E. jb4 can clear the CEL but it will pop back after 60 miles, repeat to clear)
Or else go for a flash tune.
You are better off getting a flash tune like Bootmod3 + Downpipe for no CEL guarantee

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
You are better off getting a flash tune like Bootmod3 + Downpipe for no CEL guarantee
Any difference in down pipes if i got catless or are they all the same? Is there one that is superior or inferior in your experience?

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
Any difference in down pipes if i got catless or are they all the same? Is there one that is superior or inferior in your experience?
Itā€™s a short metal tube that must adhere to the stock exhaust dimensions, so there is virtually no room for change outside of the CAT removal.
An full exhaust system would be the only notable exception.

That being said, I would look for seemingly quality welds and flex pipe.

Some videos claim their DPs flow ā€œbetterā€ but that is not exactly accurate if the diameter must reduce to meet the stock exhaust.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Couple things to look out for when ordering a downpipe. Fitment and finish quality.

When getting a proven brand, fitment is guaranteed.

The more expensive brands will have a higher wield quality but it wont affect performance, sound or reliability when compared to cheaper proven options

supramk5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Now that you have had it for a couple weeks i am just curious if this has thrown a CEL at any time? Also I am curious if you are running a tune what kind of performance numbers you are getting with the catted. I would prefer to run catted downpipe just to make my life easier with not having a CEL and from a state inspection standpoint.
I've had it longer than a month now and no CEL. I also have the rest of the exhaust from AFE and everything is all good.

Here's a video of the downpipe tune we did with Counterspace Garage:

We are tuning again today with the rest of the exhaust and intercooler piping. We'll make another video too.
Sponsored