Looking for reliable power build advice

Kbirrsupra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra & 2016 C7 Z06
Maybe check out Real st. Performance website. They have a build recipe for they're a90. They run 9's and spent less than 7k if I remember right on parts not counting some good tires and suspension. All bolt ons.
Sponsored

extreme-eg

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86, Evo IX, S13 200SX
For safe pump gas performance, I'd look into a GC Mid Turbo to deliver 500+whp on 93 and then 600 on some higher octane/meth/E-blend. The Mid will still deliver punchy performance and make the numbers safely.

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
For safe pump gas performance, I'd look into a GC Mid Turbo to deliver 500+whp on 93 and then 600 on some higher octane/meth/E-blend. The Mid will still deliver punchy performance and make the numbers safely.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Octane/meth/e is all off the table for long term as things stand now. PI/intake manifold is definitely on the table to match with the turbo.

I wish I were closer to other Supra drivers with different turbo sizes. I'd like to feel the difference in behavior in the ~20-90mph range.

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
Why is that, curiously?
My current thinking is it's mostly one less thing to deal with. If I can get my goals without an extra tank to top off, I'll be happier. If meth is going to improve longevity better than, say, an intake manifold PI upgrade, then I'd consider it.

How much of a hassle is meth for you? Consumption rate, etc? What benefits are you getting from it that you don't feel you're getting with an alternate solution?

Reactions: zrk

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My current thinking is it's mostly one less thing to deal with. If I can get my goals without an extra tank to top off, I'll be happier. If meth is going to improve longevity better than, say, an intake manifold PI upgrade, then I'd consider it.

How much of a hassle is meth for you? Consumption rate, etc? What benefits are you getting from it that you don't feel you're getting with an alternate solution?
I am following along because I have very similar goals for my build. Doing anything other than pump gas tune kind of have me feeling the same way. Less things to worry about up front and probably a little more reliable. I will eventually get to probably E85 once i consider myself near the end of my build but not for a while. I just want to roll up to any regular gas station, not have to search for specific high octanes or store anything at my apartment.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
My current thinking is it's mostly one less thing to deal with.
Absolutely fair.

Meth is giving me substantial cooling of my IATs, and a little bit of fueling with is letting me run a bit more aggressively with boost. I'm locked, or I would go PI, but I don't want to run a stand-alone (or reflex), so I'm holding tight on fueling until I can be OBD/Flash tuned.

Edit to answer the question: Meth is not a hassle for me. I go through a tank about 1x a week, 2x if I go to the drag strip. Summit delivers 4 gallons for $40 bucks, and I just keep it in the garage. I don't daily the car, but the Meth is trigger at 8psi + 2700rpms, so it really rarely sprays unless I'm hitting it hard.

I don't daily my Supra (or any other car, I've been FT remote in software engineering for many many years).

OP
OP
Toast

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
...I go through a tank about 1x a week, 2x if I go to the drag strip. ... the Meth is trigger at 8psi + 2700rpms, so it really rarely sprays unless I'm hitting it hard.
I don't daily my Supra (or any other car, I've been FT remote in software engineering for many many years).
That's good info that fills in some meth blanks for me, thank you. I'm another nocturnal 21 Supra software engineer, but I'm one of the lucky 21s with a March '20 build date.

Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to not daily the Supra and go through that much meth under those parameters? Aggressive grocery shopping? I put around 250 miles a week on mine for my hobby, rather than my job.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
That's good info that fills in some meth blanks for me, thank you. I'm another nocturnal 21 Supra software engineer, but I'm one of the lucky 21s with a March '20 build date.

Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to not daily the Supra and go through that much meth under those parameters? Aggressive grocery shopping? I put around 250 miles a week on mine for my hobby, rather than my job.
When I take it out, I take it out hard ;). Oh, meth only sprays under WOT as well, and I'm spraying 1000cc/min (2 500cc injectors).

Also, aggressive grocery shopping.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Incoming parts list is similar to @METAL

EcuTek Custom Tune (Botti)
AMS Alpha 8 Street Turbo Kit
CSF Intake Manifold
CSF Heat Exchanger
Upgrade Charge Pipe