Advice for MST intake lid fitment?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
As the title says. I'm having trouble getting the lid lined up to get the screws in. The rubber siding seems to be a bit too thick and what looks like a wiring loom also appears to be getting in the way.

Any advice?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
As the title says. I'm having trouble getting the lid lined up to get the screws in. The rubber siding seems to be a bit too thick and what looks like a wiring loom also appears to be getting in the way.

Any advice?
Photo? It's a little tricky to get it in there, but with a little finessing you can get it. Start with one of the edge screws and follow it around.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
A light amount of prying is needed to get some of the holes to line up but it should be fairly self-explanatory. I am annoyed there is no relief for the wire loom. My biggest issue is the filter seems to nearly rest on the bolt they supply to fasten to the rubber grommet.

Wutev... It's worth it in the end just for the sound. The car is so neutered out of the box and it sounds like a proper turbo car with the MST.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Photo? It's a little tricky to get it in there, but with a little finessing you can get it. Start with one of the edge screws and follow it around.
No photo unfortunately. I was too tired to remember to take one. I'm probably going to try again today afresh. Let's hope it goes better this time.

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got it sorted out this morning. The fresh perspective helped. I had to wedge some holes to line up properly, and I'm definitely not looking forward to any situations where I need to take this apart again.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Got it sorted out this morning. The fresh perspective helped. I had to wedge some holes to line up properly, and I'm definitely not looking forward to any situations where I need to take this apart again.
It gets easier each time. I mean it. I've had this thing off at least three times.

* Chargepipe for meth bungs
* Heat Shield
* EWG for JB4
* Probably more

OP
OP
romanLegion9574

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It gets easier each time. I mean it. I've had this thing off at least three times.

* Chargepipe for meth bungs
* Heat Shield
* EWG for JB4
* Probably more
I got the JB4 and heat shield in first so no problem for me there unless I'm removing them. I don't think I'm going beyond pump tunes until I get another car in the future, so my only reason to remove the cover would be for filter cleaning or using some gold reflective tape on the intake piping.