making 2.0 "faster" and "lighter"

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
Im interested in getting quality bolt-ons but I am having difficulty understanding exhausts - people keep saying just get 3.0 ... do they bolt up? need to be modified? does downpipe bolt up also?

Im also interested in seeing if anyone has attempted to make 2.0 "lighter" and what kind of weight savings they were able to achieve, BEFORE carbon fiber parts

what would be your ideal bolt on mod list?
Sponsored

Tsuekasa

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Wrx Sti Base
How much horsepower you're trying to chase? What most people is saying is if you're chasing for real horsepower then trade your car for a Supra 3.0, I'll be afraid that after all the money spent trying to chase high numbers on a b48 it would have been better buying a used 3.0 supra. If you're looking for 30-50hp, I would imagine a downpipe and tune is all you need

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Theyā€™re saying dump the 2.0 and get the 3.0 šŸ˜‚.

listen the 2.0 is a fun little car as I obviously own one. In stock form itā€™ll run a low 13 second quarter mile and sub 5 sec 0-60 which is respectable.

The 3 best performance mods to currently do to your 2.0 is;

- Function Werk Catless Downpipe
- Armaspeed intake
- JB4 piggy-back (contact @Jesse DaBears for a custom JB4 calibration)

Those three mods will get you into the mid 12s.

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Theyā€™re saying dump the 2.0 and get the 3.0 šŸ˜‚.

listen the 2.0 is a fun little car as I obviously own one. In stock form itā€™ll run a low 13 second quarter mile and sub 5 sec 0-60 which is respectable.

The 3 best performance mods to currently do to your 2.0 is;

- Function Werk Catless Downpipe
- Armaspeed intake
- JB4 piggy-back (contact @Jesse DaBears for a custom JB4 calibration)

Those three mods will get you into the mid 12s.
Nailed it. Only thing I would add is the Fi exhaust for the 2.0 alongside the Armaspeed CAI.

Jesse's E30 protune on the B48 is especially wild in the performance it produced, alongside perfect timing and such a smooth powerband all the way to red.

morfhious3

First Name
hal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
evo x, isf,explorer eco boost
does the dealership void your warranty if you have intake,dp and exhaust?and lowered with spring?

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
does the dealership void your warranty if you have intake,dp and exhaust?and lowered with spring?
They have to prove that the mods you have is the reason or contributes to the reason why "X variable" failed in the first place. Magnuson-Moss Act. So in short, not initially.

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
I doubt Iā€™ll actually do it but shedding some weight always interests me when modding a vehicle. Itā€™s often not cheap when looking at it purely from a power to weight ratio and a tune often makes more sense when looking at it from a straight line POV.
However on the track, this is where reducing weight starts to add other advantages that power alone canā€™t. Youā€™re improving stopping power and handling too (usually).
Iā€™d love to be able to shed 100kg off the 3.0 just to be able to say it was the same weight as a cayman. That car is always being used as the benchmark after all.

Thereā€™s another thread on here specifically on the big weight saving items but from memory these are:

Battery - go lithium and I think you can save about 20kgs?! The whole battery swap thing is apparently a ball ache on a bmw though

Seats - the oems are heavy and a set of buckets can save another 30kg or so I think?

Exhaust system in general but especially the back box alone is about 24kg on the supra. Look at lightweight alternatives

No idea on weight savings but if the sound system is as crap as people say itā€™s tempting to lose the subs altogether. Because of resale though I donā€™t think Iā€™d be brave enough.

Maybe the above would get a 3.0 close to 3/4 there to being cayman weight but obviously a lot of this can apply with the 2.0 as well OP šŸ‘šŸ»

brucebigbro

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
I doubt Iā€™ll actually do it but shedding some weight always interests me when modding a vehicle. Itā€™s often not cheap when looking at it purely from a power to weight ratio and a tune often makes more sense when looking at it from a straight line POV.
However on the track, this is where reducing weight starts to add other advantages that power alone canā€™t. Youā€™re improving stopping power and handling too (usually).
Iā€™d love to be able to shed 100kg off the 3.0 just to be able to say it was the same weight as a cayman. That car is always being used as the benchmark after all.

Thereā€™s another thread on here specifically on the big weight saving items but from memory these are:

Battery - go lithium and I think you can save about 20kgs?! The whole battery swap thing is apparently a ball ache on a bmw though

Seats - the oems are heavy and a set of buckets can save another 30kg or so I think?

Exhaust system in general but especially the back box alone is about 24kg on the supra. Look at lightweight alternatives

No idea on weight savings but if the sound system is as crap as people say itā€™s tempting to lose the subs altogether. Because of resale though I donā€™t think Iā€™d be brave enough.

Maybe the above would get a 3.0 close to 3/4 there to being cayman weight but obviously a lot of this can apply with the 2.0 as well OP šŸ‘šŸ»
if above calculation is true we can shovel around 130 lbs from a supra... making 2.0 weight close to 3100 lbs without any significant modification... pretty good deal I would say.

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
Would a catless downpipe really add more power than a active autowerke toyota supra mkv A91 2.0 B46 catted downpipe?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
if above calculation is true we can shovel around 130 lbs from a supra... making 2.0 weight close to 3100 lbs without any significant modification... pretty good deal I would say.
On my 3.0 I already took out 80lbs by:

1. Drivers seat swap to Sparco race seat with six point harness (saved 26lbs)
2. Powertex lightweight Lithium battery (saved 48.8lbs)
3. Took the rear diff harmonic weight thingie off (saved 5.2lbs)

That's just the easy stuff.

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
I think it's safe to say you can get a 2.0 to at least 320hp with minimal effort, but because you mention the interest in lighter vehicle I suggest you do that first because it may change how you feel about the car and power. Carbon hood, lightweight racing seats, light weight wheels, single muffler setup, and a decent coilover set. Drive it like that and then you might find you don't need as much power as you initially thought, and let's say worst case you still want more power you can swap all those parts to a 3.0.
Sponsored