Manual comparison video

UCLAKoolman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Good watch, watched it earlier today. That guy hates the Supra - it's so hard for him to say its a good car...
I had the same thought watching this. He's always had a negative bias toward this car because of the Toyota-BMW collaboration; the negativity/bias was evident in their Supra videos and especially in their discussions/comparisons of the Nissan Z (and history has spoken on how well that "Supra Killer" has done). I must admit that I actually unsubbed from their channel and this is the first video of theirs I've watched all year - I'm surprised he's changed his tune somewhat.

The price to performance ratio is so insane for Supra. No way would this car have been less than 60k without the BMW collab.
Sponsored

Last edited:

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I had the same thought watching this. He's always had a negative bias toward this car because of the Toyota-BMW collaboration; the negativity/bias was evident in their Supra videos and especially in their discussions/comparisons of the Nissan Z (and history has spoken on how well that "Supra Killer" has done). I must admit that I actually unsubbed from their channel and this is the first video of theirs I've watched all year - I'm surprised he's changed his tune somewhat.

The price to performance ratio is so insane for Supra. No way would this car have been less than 60k without the BMW collab.
Can't say I agree with this take. Mark was very complementary in their review of the 2020 Supra and even said that people need to get over the BMW collab at the end. Yes, he found some issues with the first 2021 3.0 they drove and pointed them out, and yes he preferred the comparative rawness of the new Z. However, he seemed fairly enthusiastic about the 2023 in this video even going so far as to calling it awesome and a car he'd consider owning. Doesn't sound like a lot of negative bias to me.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Can't say I agree with this take. Mark was very complementary in their review of the 2020 Supra and even said that people need to get over the BMW collab at the end. Yes, he found some issues with the first 2021 3.0 they drove and pointed them out, and yes he preferred the comparative rawness of the new Z. However, he seemed fairly enthusiastic about the 2023 in this video even going so far as to calling it awesome and a car he'd consider owning. Doesn't sound like a lot of negative bias to me.
I'm also glad they were smart enough to compare it against cars of its own caliber, and not bring the underachiever Z back into the mix.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm also glad they were smart enough to compare it against cars of its own caliber, and not bring the underachiever Z back into the mix.
Yeah. To that end I agree with what was said earlier in this thread about comparing it directly to a Cayman as well, but what generation and trim? A new base 718 now starts at $68,000. The S now starting at $80,000. Ugh. Porsche tax keeps going up.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Inline vs V might’ve had something to do with that, but at this point everybody knows the true reason it’s now getting compared to the 86… and losing.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah. To that end I agree with what was said earlier in this thread about comparing it directly to a Cayman as well, but what generation and trim? A new base 718 now starts at $68,000. The S now starting at $80,000. Ugh. Porsche tax keeps going up.
I think you compare its performance to the 718 S. The base 718 would be a slight downgrade. The S would be comparable. The GTS would be a small upgrade. The GT4 would be a moderate to large upgrade. Looks wise/interior…. I mean it’s porsche lol. Though it’s looking dated these days.

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Inline vs V might’ve had something to do with that, but at this point everybody knows the true reason it’s now getting compared to the 86… and losing.
Ohhh snap! Is there a good video comparison review of those two lol? That would stingggg a Z owner

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
This is also the reason the Nissan GT-R was never on my list. It's insanely capable, but lacks character, and isn't 'dangerous' enough. I want a sports car that kind of scares me, keeps me on edge, and punishes me for my driving mistakes. The MKV does a good job of that, especially with a decent tune & power bump. Not to mention, the MKV is a visual stunner from every angle!
Agreed, I would rather a BRZ or a Miata over a automatic GTR or current Vette.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yea it's kinda nuts. Base 911 is over $100k now. I don't want to sound like my parents but, wtf, I remember when a base 911 was attainable, not aspirational.

On a related note, I was shopping GT4's before the Supra, did my research, looked at comparable lap times at tracks I knew well, realized the Supra's potential vs the cost of a GT4. Purchased Supra.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
I like to think the Supra teaches me how to be a better driver. I know that was part of Tada-san's intentions for all 3 of the GR cars.