Manual comparison video

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I've been waiting for their MKV manual review for a while now. I know they drove it at the Utah press event with the Corolla, and then I actually contacted them and offered my car if they wanted to test a production model on the streets and Autobahn, but didn't hear back. I'll watch it when I get some spare time here..

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Surprised to see the Supra is quicker than the new M2 around a track.

On the other hand, it's 500 lbs lighter.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
Seems like Mr. Goose likes the mkv a bit more with a stick. They all performed well, each with their own particular strengths.

One thing to note is that they didn’t seem to have any clutch issues at all, and I’m sure they had many sessions during filming. I do not believe that Mark would omit something like that from their Final Thoughts if it was something they’d ever encountered.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS

On the other hand, it's 500 lbs lighter.
In the comments, Jack mentioned there was a typo, and the Supra was actually a second slower than they posted. A 1:33.xxx instead of 1:32.xxx. Either way, it does seem quite fast around that track, and should be good news for 99% of us.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
In the comments, Jack mentioned there was a typo, and the Supra was actually a second slower than they posted. A 1:33.xxx instead of 1:32.xxx. Either way, it does seem quite fast around that track, and should be good news for 99% of us.
Still slightly quicker, which I wasn't expecting at all. I thought the new M2 was going to be a lot quicker.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm not. I do think the Supra is the best BMW M car currently out. At least for track driving.

That said, Jackie is hyping the ever living shiat out of the new M2, well, because it creates views. This isn't a criticism, just a reality.

OP
OP
Rocksandblues

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I'm not. I do think the Supra is the best BMW M car currently out. At least for track driving.

That said, Jackie is hyping the ever living shiat out of the new M2, well, because it creates views. This isn't a criticism, just a reality.
I order stuff through Jackie and have met him. He wants to put his M2 on a severe diet. Should be interesting. I don't have the stomach to take an M2 and hack it all up like I did the Zupra

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I order stuff through Jackie and have met him. He wants to put his M2 on a severe diet. Should be interesting. I don't have the stomach to take an M2 and hack it all up like I did the Zupra
Yeah, while I'll never like the car, I'm interested in how much weight one can actually scoop out of it to make it a more effective track weapon.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Well yea the M2 is the size of an M5.

Physics don't lie.

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I'm less concerned about the lap times and more how the car feels and how it makes you feel. It seems to me that most of the comparisons that I have seen and read state mostly the same thing. The new M2, while extremely capable and fast, has lost it's personality and now just blends in with all the other M cars, where the previous M2 had it's own more traditional M car personality.

The Supra being a lot lighter, a lot better looks, noticeably cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain and fuel, I just can't get my head around picking an M2 as a "fun" car. Sure if it's going to be your one car to drive every day the M2 likely makes more sense, but then I start to think about something like an Acura Integra Type S likely offering more utility than the M2, more "fun" on the streets, and a lot cheaper to boot.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm less concerned about the lap times and more how the car feels and how it makes you feel. It seems to me that most of the comparisons that I have seen and read state mostly the same thing. The new M2, while extremely capable and fast, has lost it's personality and now just blends in with all the other M cars, where the previous M2 had it's own more traditional M car personality.
This is also the reason the Nissan GT-R was never on my list. It's insanely capable, but lacks character, and isn't 'dangerous' enough. I want a sports car that kind of scares me, keeps me on edge, and punishes me for my driving mistakes. The MKV does a good job of that, especially with a decent tune & power bump. Not to mention, the MKV is a visual stunner from every angle!
Sponsored