MHD+ for Supra and Gen 2 B58

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
No I definitely want to go custom tune vs OTS, just limited with local tuners for either platform. (If I choose local)
Why would you ever go local with a tuner in 2024?
Sponsored

dbagdbag

First Name
Bag
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, 2021 F-150, 1999 XJ
Why would you ever go local with a tuner in 2024?
I guess I'm not that knowledgeable on local VS remote tuning, but I will check out remote only now!

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
the moment a lot of us have been waiting for. MHD+ is officially releasing tomorrow for the Supra and all Gen 2 B58 platforms.

some important features that it will include:
- on the fly multimap switch
- flexfuel
- exhaust flap control from the steering wheel
-reflex integration
-antilag
-boost by gear capabilities

here is a video that explains the features well:

I’m super excited for this.
Does MHD have more tables than BM3 for tuners? I'm new to this. Why do you think BM3 got kind of popular there for a quick second it seemed like?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Does MHD have more tables than BM3 for tuners? I'm new to this. Why do you think BM3 got kind of popular there for a quick second it seemed like?
I don’t know too much about “tables” but feature wise they both offer the same. At this point I don’t think it matters which one is used if the tuner is competent with the given platform.

MHD does seem to offer an advanced Reflex integration so I think it will be the preferred platform for big power after Ecutek.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Sorry for the dumb question, but just to confirm, we don't need another bench unlock (pre-2020) to update to the new MultiMap?

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Confirmed, available also on iOS. I already have the MHD flex fuel kit installed. I'll flash the update later today and see how it goes. Too bad it's raining right now in DFW.
keep us posted how the OTS flexfuel maps are! 😃

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Sorry for the dumb question, but just to confirm, we don't need another bench unlock (pre-2020) to update to the new MultiMap?
correct, no new bench unlock needed if your ecu is already unlocked and pre june 2020.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
No I definitely want to go custom tune vs OTS, just limited with local tuners for either platform. (If I choose local)
I guess I'm not that knowledgeable on local VS remote tuning, but I will check out remote only now!
The best BMW tuners are generally not local to the majority of owners. Not all shops have experience with modern day BMW ECUs to tune them properly.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

techinically yes MHD has more maps if you go with certain tuners. MHD allows access to the entire ECU tables. BM3 and Ecutek give tables they deemed important/needed. While they add them as needed, with MHD i can add and tune every table on the ECU if i needed without waiting.
Out of Ecutek and BM3, Ecutek has the most given tables of the two. All three platforms are great though.

no, as stated Pre 6/2020 ECUs dont need another bench unlock.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Tomorrow is only pre 06/2020 ECUs, they had all this through ecutek already.

Those of us who require FEMTO are still waiting for this to release.
THIS, precisely. I sort of went off a bit on their IG with this crap, they keep announcing stuff that isn't market ready yet for all. Yes, i get it that some can roll today, however, let's be honest, the majority of us on the sidelines right now need the Femto unlock done on post 6/2020 ECU's. They already announced this last summer and for those of us with locked ECU's, we are still waiting. They responded to me with basically saying "not our problem, reach out to Femto, they have to prep on their side". F*** sake, seriously, this type of hype in the automotive aftermarket space is truley idiotic. Two weeks right boys?! psshhhh,. Yeah, i'm salty and have been since July 2020. ;-)

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The best BMW tuners are generally not local to the majority of owners. Not all shops have experience with modern day BMW ECUs to tune them properly.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

techinically yes MHD has more maps if you go with certain tuners. MHD allows access to the entire ECU tables. BM3 and Ecutek give tables they deemed important/needed. While they add them as needed, with MHD i can add and tune every table on the ECU if i needed without waiting.
Out of Ecutek and BM3, Ecutek has the most given tables of the two. All three platforms are great though.

no, as stated Pre 6/2020 ECUs dont need another bench unlock.
Thank you. You just made it harder for me to choose between MHD or BM3. My 2023 MKV 6MT is stock, but looking at unlocking soon with Femto and need to decide which direction to go.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Right when I was about to go BM3

Decisions, decisions
Same, my shop is now telling me go MHD+ as the PI integration w/ Reflex is much better, among other things but yeah, his opinion but i'm not going to argue as they do this every day.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
Thank you. You just made it harder for me to choose between MHD or BM3. My 2023 MKV 6MT is stock, but looking at unlocking soon with Femto and need to decide which direction to go.
Justin at Twisted Tuning is great, I highly recommend him. He has very good customer service!

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Same, my shop is now telling me go MHD+ as the PI integration w/ Reflex is much better, among other things but yeah, his opinion but i'm not going to argue as they do this every day.
My local shop (Raskin Built in Costa Mesa) also told me the same thing and to go with MHD. They work on high performance builds and know the S55, B58 and S58 very well. Like you said, they do this for a living so they know better.
Sponsored