Missing Apple Carplay

TarunAK47

First Name
Tarun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Hi, I'm sorry if this post is a duplicate (I'm new here), I just got a used 2020 Supra (1800km driven) in Dubai about a week ago and there's no Carplay for some reason. I assumed all 2020 Supra come with Apple Carplay, am I missing something? I don't have wireless charging either, it's just a storage space instead, but it has the 8.8 inch screen and the map & nav button instead of just the map button so I assume it is the 3.0 premium, but it should come with Apple Carplay regardless right? Or is it different depending on the region I'm in?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Warden0204

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hi, I'm sorry if this post is a duplicate (I'm new here), I just got a used 2020 Supra (1800km driven) in Dubai about a week ago and there's no Carplay for some reason. I assumed all 2020 Supra come with Apple Carplay, am I missing something? I don't have wireless charging either, it's just a storage space instead, but it has the 8.8 inch screen and the map & nav button instead of just the map button so I assume it is the 3.0 premium, but it should come with Apple Carplay regardless right? Or is it different depending on the region I'm in?
When I called about Apple CarPlay eight weeks ago they said it was down. As far as I know itā€™s still down.

He_drives

First Name
Fayadh aldoseri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk iv supra, r35 Gtr , ap2 s2000, s14 Silvia , gd sti, grb sti, 997.2 gt3, w12 C-GT
Vehicle Showcase
All Gcc spec A90 2020 supras came with out car play the 2021 model cars has it. It can be activated useing 3rd party software. Just search for bmw carplay activation

OP
OP

TarunAK47

First Name
Tarun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
All Gcc spec A90 2020 supras came with out car play the 2021 model cars has it. It can be activated useing 3rd party software. Just search for bmw carplay activation
Do you recommend any specific software or way to get it? Ngl, I'm not a big petrol head, so don't really have much knowledge, but I'm gaining interest still.

OP
OP

TarunAK47

First Name
Tarun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020

Even my smart key isn't working properly I guess, unable to lock and unlock the doors using the exterior handles ....

zaf

First Name
ZAF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0 Premium (Phantom on red)
Hi, I have a 2021 Supra GCC specs (Saudi Arabia) and mine did not come with Carplay. The dealer seems confused about it. I've only had the car for a week now. Someone said they just need to activate it and another says no it is not available.
I have read the forum threads, in some countries you just call the media department (UK I think) and give them the VIN and they'll activate it for you. Any success stories in GCC/Saudi?

SVR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Hi, I have a 2021 Supra GCC specs (Saudi Arabia) and mine did not come with Carplay. The dealer seems confused about it. I've only had the car for a week now. Someone said they just need to activate it and another says no it is not available.
I have read the forum threads, in some countries you just call the media department (UK I think) and give them the VIN and they'll activate it for you. Any success stories in GCC/Saudi?
I use this to get it work in my car 2021 , from UAE
https://oemcarmultimedia.com/products/apple-carplay-video-in-motion-activation-via-pc

zaf

First Name
ZAF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021 3.0 Premium (Phantom on red)
Thank you.
So all GCC Supras (2020 & 2021) don't come with CarPlay?

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Is there a way to use Carplay wired vs wireless? I know wireless is convenient but the sound quality seems diminished vs. wired carplay from my wife's car.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Is there a way to use Carplay wired vs wireless? I know wireless is convenient but the sound quality seems diminished vs. wired carplay from my wife's car.
No wired car play as of now. All toyota brochures etc only advertise wireless Apple car play.

SUPRA90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA A91
Anyone elseā€™s CarPlay not work every other time you get in it (2021 A91)? I have to go into the menu under my device and uncheck then recheck CarPlay.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Anyone elseā€™s CarPlay not work every other time you get in it (2021 A91)? I have to go into the menu under my device and uncheck then recheck CarPlay.
Yes mine does it too and its very annoying. I noticed that the problem usually occurs if I am connected to a Internet Wifi connection and get into the car.
Sponsored