MK4 inspired taillights

TunaNoCrust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Would anyone else be interested if these or something similar came out?
While I don't hate the stock taillights, I don't love them either.
Anyone know if some MK4 Inspired tail lights are on the market, or coming soon?

13ba8e14afd9d3029bde60e5e8d44359.jpg
Sponsored

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Would anyone else be interested if these or something similar came out?
While I don't hate the stock taillights, I don't love them either.
Anyone know if some MK4 Inspired tail lights are on the market, or coming soon?

13ba8e14afd9d3029bde60e5e8d44359.jpg
id be down...someone needs to make something cool already for the tails...not some stupid stickers, actual lights.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
LG Motorsports is working on a set. They are the ones who designed the Heritage Edition Supra:

Toyota-Supra-Heritage-Edition-zur-SEMA-2019-Tuning-Header.jpg

OP
OP
TunaNoCrust

TunaNoCrust

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
id be down...someone needs to make something cool already for the tails...not some stupid stickers, actual lights.
I'm totally with you on that. No more stickers or renders... the cars been out for awhile now. They made this car with knowing people would want to mod it (not just performance wise), so where all my aftermarket product at?!

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Gonna say no on these. No disrespect to the MK4, but I have no desire to place MK4-like items on my car. I prefer to let my MK5 be its own vehicle and stand on its merits.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Gonna say no on these. No disrespect to the MK4, but I have no desire to place MK4-like items on my car. I prefer to let my MK5 be its own vehicle and stand on its merits.
That’s kind of how I feel. If one wants a MK4 then get one, but this is a MK5 so it should be it’s own Supra.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I think we can take inspiration from the mkiv supra to enhance the cosmetics of the new one without making it a "mkiv is the only true supra" thing

While the example shown above looks a little cheesy to me, (this is all subjective of course) I think the stock tail lights could look good with the dark gray shroud the mkiv had around the edges, so it has elements of old and new, keeping the new lights and not having the 4 individual lights inside, but having the shaded bezel as well.

This link has the right idea, but I think it would look much better if these sides were a gloss dark-ish gray as opposed to this strange smokey carbon looking thing.

https://www.ftspeed.com/part/2020-g...ail-light-overlay-top-2020-supra#.X0VTaS3MyqQ

Im sure it would be easy to cut if someone purchased the gloss wrap from 3M or somewhere and heat molded it to the outside curves, maybe I'll give it a shot

muyclwjopzo1nlm9nub0.jpeg

And the mkiv ones, for reference on the color and design:

s-l1600.jpg
Sponsored