What colors/colours are you most interested in for the new Supra?

• Red

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • White

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Black

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Gray

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Green

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Yeah, he has been known to just coping and pasting styling cues of current models onto concept cars.

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Clearer version of a magazine cover posted earlier in the thread.

If it gets this close to the concept I think I'd be happy, minus that LED strip in the front of the bumper.

ft-1-supramkv.jpg

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I agree. I think the led strip and nose will be replaced with an aggressive wide grill like a mix of the new Camry and SF-R concept. Not as big or high as Lexus grill though

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I agree. I think the led strip and nose will be replaced with an aggressive wide grill like a mix of the new Camry and SF-R concept. Not as big or high as Lexus grill though
But then that would mean the entire front end changes from the FT-1 design. I'm hoping they're able to keep a decent amount of the concept's styling. Putting a Camry front end will take all the specialness away. :(

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I could be completely wrong but if one thing were to change drastically I would think it would be the front nose due to crash/safety restrictions. Just my guess on Toyota's recent design language. If it looks just like the FT-1 there would 0 complaints from me.

Hank Lee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS-F Ultrasonic Blue (2010)
^ I could be completely wrong but if one thing were to change drastically I would think it would be the front nose due to crash/safety restrictions. Just my guess on Toyota's recent design language. If it looks just like the FT-1 there would 0 complaints from me.
Good ole safety regulations.. frequently ruins great concept designs, especially front bumpers and side mirrors. :(

This is why I'm dying to see a next concept version - one that's been designed together with engineers and not just by the design studio. If we get a concept that's had engineers input and it still has the FT-1 nose, then that means the front end styling probably wouldn't have to change for production.

WingsofWar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
87 Mazda RX7 TII
Hey fellas!

Some may know me from FT86club.com, where as in 2010/2011 I decamo'd the spied FT86 that was posted on the forum. I saw the spy shots of this new Supra Prototype and wanted to see what was under that camo to see if there was anything special about it by shading the shapes of each panel into a solid color and turning it into a 2dish vector with ambient occlusion. Adminroku contacted me and asked if i wanted to show this with the SupraMKV.com community. It was my pleasure as always to share this render and discovery with you all.

A few things I discovered. The chassis and overall shape of the car is brand new, and is more of a prototype and not a mule. It has heavy influence from the FT-1 concept car from the A,B,C pillar, roofline, quarter panel, and trunk.

While i was peeling away the swirls, I came across several flush panels that were bolted on the length of the bumpers, fenders, hood, and even tail lamps. I typically do not see these bolt on sheet metal in prototypes unless they either ...hiding a feature, or was just used to get the car out for testing and has no real reflection on the direction the production car will have.

Seeing as how the production concept has still at least a year before we see any real styling elements that may make it to the release of the car in 2018. Its likely that the Bumpers, hood, fenders, side steps, headlamp and tail lamp seen on this prototype should not be considered as anything but fluff. However the Roof, pillars trunk will likely be solid elements found in the production car in 2018. Meaning the Chassis/Frame is close to getting finalized and approved.

I'll be adding more "unwrapped" pictures in this thread the next few days, and from there I'll put out a compost of a what I believe the final production car will look like. Enjoy!

TSV1.jpg

-Josh

Edited:

Best preview of the new Toyota Supra?

newrendering.png

newrendering2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Funny enough, that render looks like the MKIV Supra Concept, which was atrocious hahaha. That concept is collecting dust in the corner of the Toyota museum where nobody has to lay eyes on it... :D

I have strong suspicions that they are doing their level best to mislead us.

__WRC__

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
325i
Thanks for sharing!

If that's the shape then it'll definitely remind everyone of the MKIV, for better or worse. I personally hope it's got some more modern flair underneath all that camo still.

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
Welcome to the forums WingsofWar, thanks for the awesome work, how long did it take you if you don't mind asking ?

Also welcome to the forums Guff.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Good work WoW but I'd be careful drawing too may conclusions based on this one. I think there's a lot of fake parts and heavy camo to disguise the real shape of the head/tail lights and front and rear ends. I'm really looking forward to it losing more of the disguise and hope you stick around to help us "undress" it :)

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
Let the digital strip tease begin! :love:

Welcome to the site Josh.
Sponsored