Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
80 mile update:

I officially love it. Yes the ZF8 is better in every way in paper and in a practical world but this is so much fun. But more noticeable then the manual… the handling, took it on some twisty roads and corners, the steering suspension and diff tuning is light years better then any other Supra I’ve been in. I mean the car is so much lighter up front tighter and more direct but also way more comfortable, almost scared to put my HKS springs and te’s on it. But wow 🤩 this is impressive, the car changes direction like cars that are much more expensive. Also adding the intake is “chefs kiss” next exhaust. I can’t wait to clean it up tmmr and Get my Photogrpaher to shoot it. Outside of traffic this car is shaping up to be great.
54826AA4-346C-4A3F-BA76-60E595C3FFD3.jpeg
085C8973-57FB-49D7-8A4D-6EC2CD4D531C.jpeg
B05DB300-8D37-4701-87D3-24A3EAEF1BF9.jpeg
F69B7DFE-561A-46D8-9A7A-FCF0F56F4136.jpeg
D894A44E-3E27-47D1-978F-8CB7D96FF06C.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Also the shift knob came off… thanks Toyota QC lol

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
Nah the main issue was the dealerships 3rd party insurance broker who took it upon himself to take my paperwork from me and try to threaten to not let me leave with my car without buying his insurance and when explaining I already added it to my policy using it as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, age, and make snarky comments. Plus 45 mins of rush hour traffic
I swear every car buying experience I’ve ever had has been ruined by the dealership. It should be such an exciting and fun experience but their tactics always suck all the joy out of it. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you’re enjoying the car now!

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
That just sounds like the wastegate being forced open. I've heard turbo cars with no diverter valves making that same noise. If we don't have one either, I'd assume that's what it is.

As for cracks and pops, I'd love for my car to not make those, please. This car is far too nice to be associated with a BRZ or Focus RS.
I'm not particularly familiar with modern EWG's but how would excess pressure in the intake force the waste gate open? Waste gates are on the exhaust side to let the exhaust bypass the turbine so the turbo stops spinning faster once it reaches the desired boost level. They don't have anything to do with letting out excess pressure on the intake side.

Edit: For those wondering, the manual sounds exactly like that video I posted earlier in between shifts. NitroYellow posted some videos on facebook after the intake install.

DB42R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra
Has anyone confirmed it is the same DME as the AT models?

I assume the latest model update are under the same "unlock" cloud and it isn't some new gen/changed DME that will be even further away to tune? I'd be keen to understand it a little more

Congrats btw nitro.
I currently have a E50 tuned A/T '20 (intake, exhaust, etc.) and although I love it, MT is the only thing I thought this car missed. I understand I'm realistically stepping back in outright performance, but I feel the enjoyment factor alone will be worth the move.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Nah the main issue was the dealerships 3rd party insurance broker who took it upon himself to take my paperwork from me and try to threaten to not let me leave with my car without buying his insurance and when explaining I already added it to my policy using it as an opportunity to insult my intelligence, age, and make snarky comments. Plus 45 mins of rush hour traffic

Man I feel this. The first day with my car, rather than being happy, I was angry. The dealership I bought it from sucked horribly, I have never been on worse dealership. Got it for the price I wanted, but everybody was absolutely trash (especially the finance guy).

I always thought that once I get the Supra, I was going to be like a little kid on Christmas, but the dealership definitely ruined that for me

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
50 miles update. HKS intake installed, eventuri carbon etc etc, sounds awesome with the manual, super loud. Wasn’t sure before but def some weird tuning issue 1-2nd at 1500 rpm that causes the car to buck pretty bad at a certain throttle, pretty annoying happens almost every time.
Am I misunderstanding? You shift from 1st to 2nd at 1500 rpm? That seems extremely low, does it happen at slightly higher RPMs? Say 2500-3000?

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Am I misunderstanding? You shift from 1st to 2nd at 1500 rpm? That seems extremely low, does it happen at slightly higher RPMs? Say 2500-3000?
No as in if at that rpm in first or 2nd like I’ll shift higher but just let it get down to slow down or go over a speed bump it has like a weird power loss jerk and then is all normal good

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Frick..so much for the whole "acoustically retuned audio system" bs Toyota was throwing around in their press release.
I’m not an audophile by any means but my best friend who lives next door and is very familiar with my car played with it and said it’s pretty much identical.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I swear every car buying experience I’ve ever had has been ruined by the dealership. It should be such an exciting and fun experience but their tactics always suck all the joy out of it. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you’re enjoying the car now!
Idk why they can’t just act like normal human beings. Thankfully my sales rep (the sales manager) @Vroomin350 made it okay, couldn’t be happier with him. Love the guy

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT
Idk why they can’t just act like normal human beings. Thankfully my sales rep (the sales manager) @Vroomin350 made it okay, couldn’t be happier with him. Love the guy
It’s intentional. Their goal is to wear you down so you give in to addons. They want to take all the fight out of you. So they drag out the process at every turn. I really hope one day we can just buy direct from the manufacturer but the dealerships are very powerful.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
@NitroYellowMKV -- I am curious if the car has rev-matched upshifts like my M2 Comp. Take a look at the tach right after you push the clutch in and get off the throttle during an upshift, and you should see the revs quickly drop and hold at the RPM that is perfect for the next gear. It makes for a real nice smooth upshift.

If you don't upshift within a couple seconds, the rev match hold will time out and the revs are allowed to drop naturally.

On the M2 Comp, disabling a couple levels of stability/traction control (to go into track mode) will disable rev-matched upshifts and downshifts, and makes for an interesting comparison.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
@NitroYellowMKV -- I am curious if the car has rev-matched upshifts like my M2 Comp. Take a look at the tach right after you push the clutch in and get off the throttle during an upshift, and you should see the revs quickly drop and hold at the RPM that is perfect for the next gear. It makes for a real nice smooth upshift.

If you don't upshift within a couple seconds, the rev match hold will time out and the revs are allowed to drop naturally.

On the M2 Comp, disabling a couple levels of stability/traction control (to go into track mode) will disable rev-matched upshifts and downshifts, and makes for an interesting comparison.
I’m pretty sure it does, ill need to pay attention tmmr but I’m almost positive it does, just went back and fourth from g80 manual to my car it’s almost identical with our trans being a little more tame and less rubbery
Sponsored