New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
Do you all get A LOT of people checking out the Supra?? I get so much attention not sure if their trying to figure out what kind of Toyota it is or if the shape of the car grabs their attention. I've gotten more attention in the last week than a whole year with the Alfa :cool: I guess its good and bad but really being careful sine a lot of people don't respect and want to lean on the car to take pictures. I just yesterday had to turn on my alarm when a family went in to lean on the car and their child was running laps around it, I was like wtf is going on there?? lol
Sponsored

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
Just put money down on a Supra that should be in sometime in February/March 2021 timeframe. Probably the easiest sale for the sales guy at the dealership, took me 10 minutes to decide.

I've been riding motorbikes most of my life, spent a good chunk of that on the track. Had a good accident 4 years ago, have an ankle that looks like a home depot. Still riding but not as comfy as I cracked up my sternum and ribs too and it aches. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I'm hoping the Supra helps with that.

I know cars and motorbikes are completely different, but I've also had some experience with cars too. One of my favorite cars that I owned and still wished I had was my RSX.

And I'm Canadian EH!

Attachments

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Just put money down on a Supra that should be in sometime in February/March 2021 timeframe. Probably the easiest sale for the sales guy at the dealership, took me 10 minutes to decide.

I've been riding motorbikes most of my life, spent a good chunk of that on the track. Had a good accident 4 years ago, have an ankle that looks like a home depot. Still riding but not as comfy as I cracked up my sternum and ribs too and it aches. I'm an adrenaline junkie and I'm hoping the Supra helps with that.

I know cars and motorbikes are completely different, but I've also had some experience with cars too. One of my favorite cars that I owned and still wished I had was my RSX.

And I'm Canadian EH!
Nice ankle and dog. Is she a Rhodesian ridgeback?

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Do you all get A LOT of people checking out the Supra?? I get so much attention not sure if their trying to figure out what kind of Toyota it is or if the shape of the car grabs their attention. I've gotten more attention in the last week than a whole year with the Alfa :cool: I guess its good and bad but really being careful sine a lot of people don't respect and want to lean on the car to take pictures. I just yesterday had to turn on my alarm when a family went in to lean on the car and their child was running laps around it, I was like wtf is going on there?? lol
Welcome to Supra ownership. This car grabs a ton of attention. Its a very standout design and not subtle at all.

As far as the climate control thing, surprisingly enough thats just a BMW thing. I think it was fixed with the new interiors, but remember BMW likes to keep all the interiors same until a massive company wide refresh, so the lack of a dual climate sync has been this way since like 2013 or something like that.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Hi all. Just bought a supra a90 edition in Spain. I love the car. Looking forward to learn from you guys!
I am jealous. I love Spain and your color choice. Great color. That matte is simply awesome! Stunning! Congrats!

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart

And I'm Canadian EH!
You and a relative have common interest. Not just the x-ray. He's a adrenaline junkie too. My cousin owned and survived a horrific 120 mph crash on a 2006 Yamaha R1 like yours. He tracked bikes but the accident was on the street. He was riding with friends who witnessed the accident. He hit a drainage ditch at over 120mph. The cops calculated the speed based on the accident and how far he was thrown. The bike stopped instantly after contact with the drainage pipe and caught on fire. He was launched 30 yards and 2 stories up like a human cannon ball. He hit a woman's 2nd floor balcony before falling onto the ground. His entire foot was detached. Lacerated kidney, lungs, broken ribs, legs, pelvic, hip, arm, jaw, and other bones. The paramedics said his Arai helmet most likely saved him. His head had bruises everywhere the padding from the helmet had contact with his skull. It literally looked like someone sprayed painted his head with back and purple paint exactly where the padding was. It was a perfect symmetrical mirror image of his helmet's padding. Arai replaced or bought the helmet back for research after it was released from police evidence.

Miraculously he survived and they reattached the foot. He lost about an inch in the leg though. He had a bunch of screws sticking out of his legs attached in place with 3 huge fixator rings.

He left bikes alone for a while and went to cars. He did not have much luck with cars either. At least he had the insight to install 5-point belts, roll cages and bars. He flipped one car over on the expressway and another on a race track. Not a single broken bone from any of the car wrecks. I guess cars are safer?

He did go back to bikes. He dropped other bikes after the major accident and broke more bones chasing the rush. I believe he has a total of 43 broken bones. Last I herd he was BASE jumping.

Based on your personality I would consider belts and a cage if you intend to track. Maybe even if you don't plan on tracking? lol.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
You can't really see it but my Rhodesian is a he, livernose wheaten, the show off has abs too!
Ah, couldn’t tell.:doh: I have a Rhodesian/lab mix myself. She‘s a great dog and does a great job of keeping the Deer away from my landscaping.
Ah , the old adrenaline rush. I get it too, in fact I used to ride an FZ1 till one too many close encounters with cars. Now I take my son karting for a rush.......the Supra is fun too :drive:

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Welcome to Supra ownership. This car grabs a ton of attention. Its a very standout design and not subtle at all.
It is amazing. I’ve had videos/pics being taken, a child leaning dangerously out the window of his dad’s STI on the freeway, loads of thumbs ups, peace signs, smiles, whiplash double-takes, and “nice car man” comments. Like, more in the 2 weeks I’ve owned it than all my other cars combined. ?

Oh yeah, and the Mustang, Camaro, and tuned BMW 335i that all wanted to race me. :rolleyes:

A91Refraction

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Yup. Looks, pics, and good comments every time.
While getting out of the car......
Random person: "Is that the new Supra?" ?‍♂
Me: "Yes it is." :cool:
Random person: "Mind if I take a picture?" ?
Me: "Go right ahead" ;)

Have had that exact conversation 4 times already. :lol:

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I wish I had "contactless" experiences lol. I guess my supra likes to be touched!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I wish I had "contactless" experiences lol. I guess my supra likes to be touched!
What's wrong with people? This isn't a petting zoo! :rolleyes: :banghead::rofl:
Sponsored