New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Lisa Marie

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Wrangler, 2021 Subie
Was there a mark-up on the price?
No, I ended up paying less since it didn't come with the spoiler that I added later. The dealership I went through does a lot of business with my workplace so they made everything go smoothly with no hassles.

ImNotHome

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Female Supra Owners, Say "Hello"

I am a 3-week old new owner of a 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium. Since I moved out from NYC, I found myself needing to get a car and I fell in love with the Supra. In a sense, it is as small as my previous Manhattan apartments. :)

I do have not seen a forum dedicated to women who drive sports cars so I am starting this thread. I would like to get other female drivers' perspectives and experiences owning this car.

For example, on YouTube, when I search for videos about women organizing their cars, I see several women organizing their large sedans or SUVs. For some reason, they are packing in blankets, towels, and other large items as if they live in the car. Given that the Supra is rather small, I would like to know what other female drivers are doing.

All I have in my car outside of my registration and insurance card is a lip balm that I cannot reach while I am driving because I am short and my seat is so far forward.

So far, I make do with carrying everything in my purse that slides around when I drive since our Supra seats cannot hang a hook.

I hope there are more female Supra drivers out there so we can help each other out. :)
Hi! Female Supra owner here (I have the 2.0 though, no one kill me). My mom actually drove an '85 Supra too, so she kinda counts :)

I have my purse usually behind my seat, but I carry a tiny purse and keep an extra of anything I may want to grab while driving - lib balm, sunglasses, etc - in the space in front of the cupholders. This is probably not helpful. Haha. I actually haven't had anyone ride in the passenger seat yet, but I can see that being a problem when I have a larger bag that I want close to me.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Hello All: New Supra Owner Here

Hi all,

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.

I recently purchased a 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition (#521) and I'm excited to join the MKV community. This is my first foray into Toyota, or BMW, if you look at it that way, so I have a lot to learn. I've already fixed my two major issues with the car by purchasing wind deflectors and an OBDLink along with Bimmercode thanks to information found on this forum.

As my username suggests I'm a legacy Mazda guy having owned four in the past/present. Two are currently in my garage (2006 Mazdaspeed6 and 2018 CX-5), one I traded in for the Supra (2016 Mazda MX-5 Club), and the other was my first car (2005 Mazda 6). I have also owned a few motorcycles in my past (2006 Suzuki GS500F, 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 and a 2016 SSR Razkull) with plans to build a cafe racer in the future.

Looking forward to potentially meeting some of you and contributing in any way I can. If you're in the Dallas area feel free to shoot me a PM.

A few pictures are attached for your viewing pleasure.

Justin

20210417_131850.jpg
20210418_193932.jpg
20210418_194008.jpg
20210418_194058.jpg
20210418_194129.jpg
I am a Mazda and BMW guy lol. I still have my high school car, 2003 Protégé I bought new. Almost 200k miles. My benz(I hate it, again BMW guy just got a good deal on it so I took it?‍♀) and now my a91 edition I just got last week.

Welcome all!! You'll learn so much from the fine group of people here. Take the smart ass remarks in stride and you'll be loving it!

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hi! Female Supra owner here (I have the 2.0 though, no one kill me). My mom actually drove an '85 Supra too, so she kinda counts :)

I have my purse usually behind my seat, but I carry a tiny purse and keep an extra of anything I may want to grab while driving - lib balm, sunglasses, etc - in the space in front of the cupholders. This is probably not helpful. Haha. I actually haven't had anyone ride in the passenger seat yet, but I can see that being a problem when I have a larger bag that I want close to me.
No judging for the 2.0, it was my b/f who made sure that I get the 3.0. :)

I tried placing my purse behind my seat, but I feel like I was going to dislocate my shoulder trying to grab it.

Given that I have a 3.0, the space in front of the cupholder is where we have the carplay.

I use the passenger seat for my purse which is great until my purse flies off to the floor. How do you keep your little purse grounded on the seat?

thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi RS6, 2019 Audi RS4, 2005 Evo 8 MR
Congrats OP, having a Supra in Brunei will be epic. I could see you getting some stares with the down shifts pops and bangs while cruising through Jalan Kebangsaan. ?

Be sure to take awesome pictures with all your historic buildings!

-RJM
Finally brought her home and still pending technical assessment by the road authorities.
What a bummer learning my ECU is locked...
13D0428F-B238-4687-8695-358A95158EE7.jpeg

Jfurby37

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
We've created this space for new and old SupraMKV members to introduce themselves so please tell us a bit about yourselves and welcome everyone as they come in!
Fairly new to the forum been on here for maybe two weeks. Got everything done and Supra ready for the summer and shows. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
What's up from Phoenix, AZ USA
Not an A90 owner yet but did own two MKIV's one 97 NA and one 95 APU 800whp
Just have an 18 Ford edge for my daily, but hey its boosted!

DingoBoy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 WRX Premium, 1992 Supra 1JZ Single Turbo
Hello, all. Not yet a MKV owner, but I've been following along since the FT-1 concept. Here to try to figure out if I want to get in on the MKV. Been reading, watching YT channels, etc. I have lots of questions for later.

Long time Supra fan & owner, though. Started with an '83 Celica GT in college, later had a '90T until I blew the head gasket one too many times (including after a race shop built it "bulletproof" after a previous kablooie). I was involved in SOGISE and the Supras majordomo mailing list in the 90's during my run with the 90T. Yeah, I'm old.

Since '09, I have owned a '92 that was swapped to MT and 1JZTT by the previous owner. This was never my DD, always my project/weekend toy. Jared @ Speed For Sale (R.I.P.) in ATL rebuilt the 1JZ a few years back and I limited him to a mild single turbo & tune, much to his dismay. Put down 409/375 at the wheels. Currently in my garage, waiting for a mechanic to be willing to fix the AC so I can drive it again. Appointment set for late May. (Hey, it's Florida... I need my cold air!)

Been thru a few other cars over the years, including 5 MINI Coopers, a Mini Cooper (proper RHD Brit import), Mazdaspeed 3, Miata, VW Golf 1.8T, and a gutless base model Eclipse.

Current DD is a '20 WRX Premium with Sport Package, nothing but a K&N drop-in.

Couple of pics, because what' an intro post with out the car pr0n, right?

Attachments

Larrys_Toys

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2004 Tacoma
Female Supra Owners, Say "Hello"

I am a 3-week old new owner of a 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium. Since I moved out from NYC, I found myself needing to get a car and I fell in love with the Supra. In a sense, it is as small as my previous Manhattan apartments. :)

I do have not seen a forum dedicated to women who drive sports cars so I am starting this thread. I would like to get other female drivers' perspectives and experiences owning this car.

For example, on YouTube, when I search for videos about women organizing their cars, I see several women organizing their large sedans or SUVs. For some reason, they are packing in blankets, towels, and other large items as if they live in the car. Given that the Supra is rather small, I would like to know what other female drivers are doing.

All I have in my car outside of my registration and insurance card is a lip balm that I cannot reach while I am driving because I am short and my seat is so far forward.

So far, I make do with carrying everything in my purse that slides around when I drive since our Supra seats cannot hang a hook.

I hope there are more female Supra drivers out there so we can help each other out. :)

Hello,

Check out Faye Hadley in San Antonio, Texas here:
https://www.sanantoniomag.com/the-car-girl/

She recently purchased a new Supra and knows a thing or 2 about cars. I watch her YouTube channel and she is very funny! Enjoy your new car. I love mine!

Larrys_Toys

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2004 Tacoma
Hello All: New Supra Owner Here

Hi all,

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.

I recently purchased a 2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition (#521) and I'm excited to join the MKV community. This is my first foray into Toyota, or BMW, if you look at it that way, so I have a lot to learn. I've already fixed my two major issues with the car by purchasing wind deflectors and an OBDLink along with Bimmercode thanks to information found on this forum.

As my username suggests I'm a legacy Mazda guy having owned four in the past/present. Two are currently in my garage (2006 Mazdaspeed6 and 2018 CX-5), one I traded in for the Supra (2016 Mazda MX-5 Club), and the other was my first car (2005 Mazda 6). I have also owned a few motorcycles in my past (2006 Suzuki GS500F, 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 and a 2016 SSR Razkull) with plans to build a cafe racer in the future.

Looking forward to potentially meeting some of you and contributing in any way I can. If you're in the Dallas area feel free to shoot me a PM.

A few pictures are attached for your viewing pleasure.

Justin

20210417_131850.jpg
20210418_193932.jpg
20210418_194008.jpg
20210418_194058.jpg
20210418_194129.jpg
Welcome! I live in Texas as well. Nice car! I almost purchased the same color from a dealer in Oklahoma, but it was sold before I could look at it. I ended up with a blue one and I love it!

MKVDad69

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
New member. Added Nitro Yellow stablemate for the 2019 CTR on Saturday...checked another toy off the list :cool:
IMG_3259.jpeg