2020 GR Supra, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Just got them in over the weekend - can’t wait to install this week
4B544912-75BC-4EDC-B275-6395B36E7D3A.jpeg

jrof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
Anyone have any trouble with the edges of the badge sticking firmly? I got all of the adhesive off but I'm in Florida so the intense humidity is causing a little bit of rising. Most of the badge is stuck on firm and I don't see it falling off, just the edges have a slight raise.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Anyone have any trouble with the edges of the badge sticking firmly? I got all of the adhesive off but I'm in Florida so the intense humidity is causing a little bit of rising. Most of the badge is stuck on firm and I don't see it falling off, just the edges have a slight raise.
Yup. Been dealing with extreme humidity in the Chicago area, and the edges are a little poppy on the rear badge. I think after a few days it'll adhere. I don't really have any idea on how to hold the edges/compress them, but that would certainly help.

jrof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium MT
Yup. Been dealing with extreme humidity in the Chicago area, and the edges are a little poppy on the rear badge. I think after a few days it'll adhere. I don't really have any idea on how to hold the edges/compress them, but that would certainly help.
Yea I'm gonna give it a few days and if anything may slip some thin double-sided tape on just the edge.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Double sided tape requires initial pressure to adhere properly. If it hasn't adhered within the first day, chances are it never will. You need to park your car near a wall and get some spring tension curtain rods or something to keep pressure on it over night. Yes it will look stupid while doing this but if that's what it takes, then you need to suck it up and do it.

I suck up my stomach while my wife's in the kitchen so she does not give me crap while I grab a snack or two.. or three. Works every time.

Hellion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 premium
For a 3d printed piece the contour was not very good. Much flatter than the car.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Got my Turbulence Grey badge today. I've removed emblems in the past before with fishing line with ease; on this car however, because how it's indented in the bumper\trunk, super sticky adhesive and the "clips", it was a bit nerve racking removing it (i put a bunch of painters tape around the badge). I was able to get it out in an hour on both side carefully using plastic trim removal kit (a heat gun would have made it easier, but I have PPF all around, didn't know if using a heat gun would have been good or not). Regardless I got it off damage free (well, two of the three clips on the front badge did break, still usable though)

Grey is a hard color to match it's def. a different shade of gray, like a tad bit darker. But since it's mostly covered by the Toyota black emblem and due to it being a small area, it doesn't bother me too much.

The rear looks fantastic (I even plastidip the Supra logo to hide away the chrome and glass black). I have some cheap chinese Flat Black and Red GR badge on order. It was only $3 so if it doesn't look good then no big loss.

Now for the front, i'm still getting use to the look (I don't hate it, I'm just not sure if I like it better or not). The OEM dome badge flowed very well with the bumper, but now i just have this Toyota badge popping out. I think what would make it work better is if you buy the blank painted cap and just stick Toyota sticker\vinyl for a flush look.

51285825953_4036d60507_c.jpg

51286338769_fe6e818179_c.jpg

51286638620_3a88488443_c.jpg

51286668830_492bf4dfb3_c.jpg

Last edited:

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Got my Turbulence Grey badge today. I've removed emblems in the past before with fishing line with ease; on this car however, because how it's indented in the bumper\trunk, super sticky adhesive and the "clips", it was a bit nerve racking removing it (i put a bunch of painters tape around the badge). I was able to get it out in an hour on both side carefully using plastic trim removal kit (a heat gun would have made it easier, but I have PPF all around, didn't know if using a heat gun would have been good or not). Regardless I got it off damage free (well, two of the three clips on the front badge did break, still usable though)

Grey is a hard color to match it's def. a different shade of gray, like a tad bit darker. But since it's mostly covered by the Toyota black emblem and due to it being a small area, it doesn't bother me too much.

The rear looks fantastic (I even plastidip the Supra logo to hide away the chrome and glass black). I have some cheap chinese Flat Black and Red GR badge on order. It was only $3 so if it doesn't look good then no big loss.

Now for the front, i'm still getting use to the look (I don't hate it, I'm just not sure if I like it better or not). The OEM dome badge flowed very well with the bumper, but now i just have this Toyota badge popping out. I think what would make it work better is if you buy the blank painted cap and just stick Toyota sticker\vinyl for a flush look.

51285825953_4036d60507_c.jpg
I'd bet the PPF is probably playing a factor in the color being slightly off as well.

On a side note...that entire PPF wrap must have been expensive!! I've wanted to do it, but at the quotes I got I figure I'll just buy a new one in two years when the rock chips start irritating me enough ??