New Car - Got Questions

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium w/Carbon Fiber.
Switched from a Mustang to the new Supra. Seems like a more refined car. Trying to figure stuff out.

How do I enable the horsepower / Torque display? I select it in Settings but nothing happens.

There's a button on the door handle that I think is supposed to lock/unlock the door. But it doesn't do anything. ??

Thanks. I'll have more I'm sure.
Sponsored

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Switched from a Mustang to the new Supra. Seems like a more refined car. Trying to figure stuff out.

How do I enable the horsepower / Torque display? I select it in Settings but nothing happens.

There's a button on the door handle that I think is supposed to lock/unlock the door. But it doesn't do anything. ??

Thanks. I'll have more I'm sure.
I've never driven a 5.0 Mustang. Does the Mustang feel cheap compared to the Supra?

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Think you have to be in sport mode to use the sport displays.

The door handle lock/unlock isn't a button, it's a sensor of sorts. With your key fob on you, touch the inside of the door handle (long part) to unlock the car. Touch the right-most inner part of the handle (where it meets with the door) to lock it. The "button" you're probably thinking of on the outside of the handle is a cover under which is where you can use the door key inside your fob.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
i have the sport display as a preset but honestly never use it. It does work in any mode. I forget exactly where it is, somewhere in "vehicle info" I think.

You should know you can make a preset button any idrive menu item, not just radio stations. You need to have that menu item highlighted and hold down the button to save it.

on the supra I have
1- carplay
2- bluetooth device list
3- oil check
4- tire temp/pressure
5- sport display

the i3 is similar but there is a rex menu, nav menu (no carplay), etc, in there instead.

if you forget what buttons are set to you can touch them without pressing for a reminder.

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
Think you have to be in sport mode to use the sport displays.

The door handle lock/unlock isn't a button, it's a sensor of sorts. With your key fob on you, touch the inside of the door handle (long part) to unlock the car. Touch the right-most inner part of the handle (where it meets with the door) to lock it. The "button" you're probably thinking of on the outside of the handle is a cover under which is where you can use the door key inside your fob.
I find that the door handle unlock only works when I open the door with my left hand, for what it's worth

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i have the sport display as a preset but honestly never use it. It does work in any mode. I forget exactly where it is, somewhere in "vehicle info" I think.

You should know you can make a preset button any idrive menu item, not just radio stations. You need to have that menu item highlighted and hold down the button to save it.

on the supra I have
1- carplay
2- bluetooth device list
3- oil check
4- tire temp/pressure
5- sport display

the i3 is similar but there is a rex menu, nav menu (no carplay), etc, in there instead.

if you forget what buttons are set to you can touch them without pressing for a reminder.
I tried to save this as a preset but got error saying 'unable to save preset'. Maybe because I was driving?

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In Settings I have selected 'turn off car when door opens.' The car never turns off when I open the door.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I tried to save this as a preset but got error saying 'unable to save preset'. Maybe because I was driving?
Go back up a level. You want to have it highlighted in the menu when saving the preset, not be in the actual screen. It's not super intuitive but eventually you get used to it.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Go back up a level. You want to have it highlighted in the menu when saving the preset, not be in the actual screen. It's not super intuitive but eventually you get used to it.
Thanks.

How did you save Carplay?

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
In Settings I have selected 'turn off car when door opens.' The car never turns off when I open the door.
The only time I have seen this is when someone had the passenger seatbelt fastened for some reason. The car will only turn off after the "last" door is opened. If it thinks there is a passenger, it won't turn off until that door is opened. If you do not have anything that would make the car think there is a passenger, then it should shut down when you open your door (assuming you have already turned the engine off)

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry, my understanding is the engine should shut off after door is opened. No?
Sponsored