First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.graveyardperformance.com
Car(s)
21 3.0 Premium
I see you are in the Chicago area as well - any issues trying to pass emissions with this turbo?
Car is a 21, not really concerned with that. I can't see why it would have any issue though. My tuner has the CEL for everything tuned out anyways, so there should not be any issue.
Sponsored

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
My tuner has the CEL for everything tuned out anyways, so there should not be any issue.
flash tunes CANNOT force a READY state on the secondary o2 sensor. however, it looks like all other CEL suppressions will spoof a ready state for OBD emissions (including the PCV system).

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/is...d-losing-my-warranty.17173/page-2#post-267256

Some older platforms have had success by keeping the secondary o2s connected purely for the heater circuit continuity in addition to tuning the DME. But I have not read anything from Fxx or newer.

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/ms45-1-readiness-with-catless-headers-solved.1271607/

that being said, Illinois allows one NOT READY sensor. however, it cannot be the secondary o2 sensor.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midweste...estion-readiness-monitors-2.html#post11684697

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Car is a 21, not really concerned with that. I can't see why it would have any issue though. My tuner has the CEL for everything tuned out anyways, so there should not be any issue.
The reason I ask is that I believe some turbos delete a sensor/heater element of some sort (Don't quote me on this) that throws a code which will show up on Illinois emissions as "NOT READY".

And if you are already running a catless exhaust which triggers a CEL, and your tuner tuned that out, it will say NOT READY as well, which will give you two "NOT READY" events and you will not pass emissions.

I'm trying to plan out my turbo upgrade as well, but I'm pretty slow with my execution and plans - sometimes I plan TOO much.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
flash tunes CANNOT force a READY state on the secondary o2 sensor. however, it looks like all other CEL suppressions will spoof a ready state for OBD emissions (including the PCV system).

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/is...d-losing-my-warranty.17173/page-2#post-267256

that being said, Illinois allows one NOT READY sensor. however, it cannot be the secondary o2 sensor.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midweste...estion-readiness-monitors-2.html#post11684697
I see that LS1 tech thread thrown around, but I had a catless '06 GTO with long tube headers, tuned by Speed Inc and I was able to pass emissions in 2009 and 2010 with no problems up here in Northern Illinois. I believe my rear 02's said NOT READY as well.

I guess i'll find out in a year or so here :)

Jrob

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.graveyardperformance.com
Car(s)
21 3.0 Premium
The reason I ask is that I believe some turbos delete a sensor/heater element of some sort (Don't quote me on this) that throws a code which will show up on Illinois emissions as "NOT READY".

And if you are already running a catless exhaust which triggers a CEL, and your tuner tuned that out, it will say NOT READY as well, which will give you two "NOT READY" events and you will not pass emissions.

I'm trying to plan out my turbo upgrade as well, but I'm pretty slow with my execution and plans - sometimes I plan TOO much.
Correct I have both of those codes and with a revision they were gone for the cat and crankcase heater code. I'm not sure if I will even own the car when the time comes, so not really a worry at the moment.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Correct I have both of those codes and with a revision they were gone for the cat and crankcase heater code. I'm not sure if I will even own the car when the time comes, so not really a worry at the moment.
Gotcha! :)

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
I think it's the 4 year mark, so that might be this calendar year for you depending on when you purchased it...