First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
I enjoy my 2.0 as a spare car / occasional track vehicle, but I also own some high HP vehicles that I drive more and scratch my itch when I desire more powa! I also bought the 2.0 for an absolute steal back in December of 2020 before these crazy bullshit prices kicked in.

If this Supra is to be your main car or your bad boy toy…get the 3.0. If you’re looking for a spare car to mod, daily, have a fun occasional track day…then the 2.0 is a solid choice.

Or the upcoming GR Corolla might float your boat as well.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
If your ego bruises easy and inferior comments bother you stay away from the 2.0. Its that simple.

I can tell you that a 2.0 that runs with us gets the most attention because his car looks much better than a stock 3.0.

-RJM

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
General Rule -- Buy the car you want. Don't buy a lesser car thinking you can build on it later. Unless you are professional mechanic or automotive engineer, a tinkered with car feels like a tinkered with car.

So if you ever want to race the car, ever think about tuning the car, putting another down pipe on the car etc.. etc.. You want the 3.0. The 3.0 is so much more than just the 3.0 liter engine. It comes with the adaptive suspension (true differnce between chill and d**** head mode), electronic rear diff, 4 piston brakes, etc... And before you ask, yes, all of that would cost much more than 7k to upgrade a 2.0 to compete with a 3.0.

But... if you just want to chill. Have some fun running up and down the highway. Have people look at your car with envy. Etc.. Buy the 2.0. I won't tell.

NOTE: I did drive both 2.0 and 3.0 before deciding on the 3.0 Premium.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
If your ego bruises easy and inferior comments bother you stay away from the 2.0. Its that simple.
In the real world nobody gives a shit if it's a 2.0 or 3.0 and if somebody lets a $50k decision be influenced by a few keyboard warriors, I'd say that's very sad

The best piece of advice I've actually seen in this thread is the opposite....Ignore what others think, test drive both and buy what you want

OP
OP

morfhious3

First Name
hal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
evo x, isf,explorer eco boost
thanks for all the advices.i went to a dealer closer to me that only have a supra on a50 mile radius.and theyre the only one the have stock of 3.0 on yellow and 2.0 gray.first choice of mine coz i dont track was the 2.0 but i remember when i have the evo x, after i customized it i wanted more.but that was then when i was on my late 20's 12 years ago.priority changed.but changed my mind yesterday morning to go for 3.0 .doesnt matter if i dont like the color.but when i went to the dealer.the 3.0 was just sold.so i pulled the gun for the 2.0.i'll only drive it to work which is 2 miles away.most of the time if ever we go out with my family{2 kids now}we use the explorer ecoboost.so far im enjoying the 2.0 for the past 12 hours.lol. as always thanks for the input.who knows i might trade it for 3.0 with 6speed and t tops in the future...

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Congrats and enjoy it! Grab a JB4 and get with @Jesse DaBears for a strong 93 tune that really wakes the B48 up! Plug and play, untraceable and a huge difference over the OEM tune and powerband. Keep us updated on your mods and thoughts of the platform :thumbsup:

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Audi A5 SB Prestige
There is a reason for different variations of the Supra as with why cars like the Miata and even Audi TT roadster existed. People want different things in a vehicle.

Be sure you are comfortable with the lesser powered 2.0 before committing to it. Drive both to see which one you want to commit to.

Money comes and money goes, but getting a car can tie you to one for a while in some circumstances.

I drove the Audi A5 Sport Back RS5, S5 to be sure I'd be happy with the A5 and not longing for more performance. Hell I drove the A6/S6 and A7/R7 too for comparison before getting the A5.

You have to be happy and not have buyers remorse. Never be concerned with what the other guy/girl has be confident in your choice. I hope you get a Supra that you enjoy everyday of ownership.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
In the real world nobody gives a shit if it's a 2.0 or 3.0 and if somebody lets a $50k decision be influenced by a few keyboard warriors, I'd say that's very sad

The best piece of advice I've actually seen in this thread is the opposite....Ignore what others think, test drive both and buy what you want
Sometime brutal honesty helps. A buddy of mine got a 2.0 and modded it for track use. Ultimately he couldn’t deal with the negative comments from external people and sold it for the 3.0.

I agree, F what people say with their trash comments. But in the end if you don’t have thick skin it will get to you.

-RJM

OP
OP

morfhious3

First Name
hal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
evo x, isf,explorer eco boost
first thing in my mind ,is getting that jb 4 as R_R8TED
adviced then comes rims.wedsport rn 05M.then exhaust,dp
and powder coat the stock caliper.

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Welcome to the club, and ignore all of the 'poo-poo on the 2.0' nonsense! You'll have a blast with the car, and unlike Camaro & Mustang, which proudly broadcast that you didn't get the good one with a V8, there's little to no obviously-visible indicators that the 2.0 is a 'lesser' car. You're going to get Supercar-level attention in your MKV, so be ready!