New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
60k for a 380hp is still meh IMO.

Let’s look at the market in the 60k range...

C7.. can be had for around 46-47k and weighs about the same and outputs 455hp And has the options mentioned on the Supra if opted for a Z51 Pkg

Gt350.. can be had in the upper 50s with all the options mentioned in the Supra minus to safety gizmos. And she outputs 520hp but weighs in at around 3700lbs

M3/4.. can be had at right around 65k give or take and weighs the same and outputs 420. Now.. this hits a bit closer to home as .. the Supra/Z4 combo.. dare I say. Inferior to the BMW M series vehicles?

M2.. this one shyts all over the Supra based on rumored specs and dare I say.. no fake vents?

What’s makes a Toyota that.. actually a BMW sell well IMO?

400hp, 2900-3100lb curb weight, some sort of distinguishing features in the cabin, not a BMW steering wheel works toyota logo, some functional air management (scoops, spoilers etc)

Please don’t shoot me for voicing my opinion.
Sponsored

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
60k for a 380hp is still meh IMO.
same here

Toyota should look at the new NSX and learn something.. just cause you bring a name back.. doesn’t mean it’ll be successful.
i think the NSX would fair much better if they just removed that awd hybird system and price it around the $100k mark. another issue was that dealers were installing tons of options on them and pushing the $155k price tag upwards to $200k.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
i think the NSX would fair much better if they just removed that awd hybird system and price it around the $100k mark. another issue was that dealers were installing tons of options on them and pushing the price tag upwards to $200k.
Yup.. on point.

Remove all the nonsense that makes the NSX complicated for no good reason like a woman. And price it from 100-120k and it’ll sell like hot cakes.

Dealers .. ahh where do I start. Meh.. let me not. Lol

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, what if the car is 3250 with 380hp? where does that put us in the grand scheme of things? Is 63k still too much?

What if I said the msrp is actually $60k?

(purely hypothetical of course...........)
Still too much IMO. Since we're still staying under the 400 power mark, Knock off $10 grand and I think it can catch interest.

Toyota 86 = $26K w/ 200 HP. Give us something that is twice the car of the 86 in power, performance, and looks. Then I think you can ask double the price = $52k Supra???

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Have any of you tried the new NSX? because for what it is it's as close to the Porsche 918 Hybrid Super car without paying that price tag. when you think of it like that it's a fricken bargain. Remember this thing has on occasion and it's still debated, beaten a Tesla P100D in a drag race. It's an amazing car, and I can see why they priced it like that. Honda knew it wasn't going to sell in large numbers, the discounting and they're sitting and not selling is more of the Dealer's issues they marked that thing up so high, and now that all the bad press rolled out it's discounting.

NSX is an awesome car! try it if you get the chance it will make more sense then :)

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Guff did post that we should expect it to be closer to 380hp.

it may not have the same proportions, but it definitely has FT1 styling cues.

31682431_1246922728743624_3957226289206657024_n.jpg

Toyota-FT-1-Concept-side-view-on-road.jpg
Looking at the two, it just looks like they took out the back seats, making the GT into a 2 seater sport car. The gap between the door and rear wheel arch, is the main area I'm looking at.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have any of you tried the new NSX? because for what it is it's as close to the Porsche 918 Hybrid Super car without paying that price tag. when you think of it like that it's a fricken bargain. Remember this thing has on occasion and it's still debated, beaten a Tesla P100D in a drag race. It's an amazing car, and I can see why they priced it like that. Honda knew it wasn't going to sell in large numbers, the discounting and they're sitting and not selling is more of the Dealer's issues they marked that thing up so high, and now that all the bad press rolled out it's discounting.

NSX is an awesome car! try it if you get the chance it will make more sense then :)
I am a 23 year old hoping to level up and try these cars before I turn 40. Or at least rent for a day.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I am a 23 year old hoping to level up and try these cars before I turn 40. Or at least rent for a day.
I see you're in Jersey, if it make viable monetary sense and I understand this might not always work out at 23 (I was 23 once too) maybe you should look into a Turo or Manhattan Classic car club or Drive Club subscription so you can try lots of cars. I caution you though that sometime just the membership down payment could buy you another car but hey if you have goals that good for ya I love to support young folks! (I'm not even that old) Make some car friends? I only got lucky and got 20 mins in an NSX from a friend.

Good luck! CHikane Support your ventures.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I see you're in Jersey, if it make viable monetary sense and I understand this might not always work out at 23 (I was 23 once too) maybe you should look into a Turo or Manhattan Classic car club or Drive Club subscription so you can try lots of cars. I caution you though that sometime just the membership down payment could buy you another car but hey if you have goals that good for ya I love to support young folks! (I'm not even that old) Make some car friends? I only got lucky and got 20 mins in an NSX from a friend.

Good luck! CHikane Support your ventures.
Wait,

Manhattan is jsut a membership where you go in, have drinks and jsut make friends with other exotic cars as a showroom piece that can be driven? surprised I haven't heard about it.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
The poll asks, "Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra?" It doesn't mention price.

Yes, I would, for $40k.

Would more trims be nice, yes.

Would I buy that trim at $60k, hell no.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Wait,

Manhattan is jsut a membership where you go in, have drinks and jsut make friends with other exotic cars as a showroom piece that can be driven? surprised I haven't heard about it.
Yes If I remember correctly it's like $5000 as a down for one year and then it's like $180 a month. It doesn't seem like much if you actually live in manhattan and have no parking space or if you are going to use the services often. However, that's at the lowest teir and you may have to be waitlisted to drive certain cars. Which in Mean at $5000 and 180$ a month you could technically down a new car and make monthly payments on lol. But hey if that's what you wanna do drive expensive cars join a club make friends then why not!

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
I'm surprised you guys are shocked about the fake vents. A70TTR has been hinting at that for awhile now. You guys are always in denial. :lol:
Not shocked, just very very sour about it hahaha

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes If I remember correctly it's like $5000 as a down for one year and then it's like $180 a month. It doesn't seem like much if you actually live in manhattan and have no parking space or if you are going to use the services often. However, that's at the lowest teir and you may have to be waitlisted to drive certain cars. Which in Mean at $5000 and 180$ a month you could technically down a new car and make monthly payments on lol. But hey if that's what you wanna do drive expensive cars join a club make friends then why not!
When I get older, would make sense to do that. I'm talking like 28 when I'm established in my career. But considering their fleet, I see a shit load of cars worth trying out. Sounds like a bargain if you have managed to set everything else aside.

The poll asks, "Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra?" It doesn't mention price.

Yes, I would, for $40k.

Would more trims be nice, yes.

Would I buy that trim at $60k, hell no.
Wait a minute, at that price point, Lexus starts getting involved. The RC-F can be a benchmark here. It costs 75k fuly loaded and pumps 467 horsepower. It weighs 4000 pounds and when compared in terms of power to weight ratio with 385 at 3250, the Supra wins, but at a very small margin.

Just wanted to point out specs of the RC-F
As a note Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 sec
Top speed (governor limited): 171 mph

Is Lexus also okay with a potential Toyota rivaling them in luxury and Grunt at a price cut?

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
When I get older, would make sense to do that. I'm talking like 28 when I'm established in my career. But considering their fleet, I see a shit load of cars worth trying out. Sounds like a bargain if you have managed to set everything else aside.

Wait a minute, at that price point, Lexus starts getting involved. The RC-F can be a benchmark here. It costs 75k fuly loaded and pumps 467 horsepower. It weighs 4000 pounds and when compared in terms of power to weight ratio with 385 at 3250, the Supra wins, but at a very small margin.

Just wanted to point out specs of the RC-F
As a note Zero to 60 mph: 4.3 sec
Top speed (governor limited): 171 mph

Is Lexus also okay with a potential Toyota rivaling them in luxury and Grunt at a price cut?
why compare the RC F at 75 K when that doesn't buy you any more performance? The base price at 64 K is the real comparison..

Either way, I'm not sure why you think Supra would cannibalize the RC F, they should be two totally different shoppers as most Lexus buyers don't care about actually being the fastest otherwise they would have gotten a BMW or AMG.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.