News, Updates, and Discussions on next-gen A100 Supra

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Betting on one horse is a gamble. Risk adverse options are to be kept whether legislation says this or that. Last year it was strictly 2035 or whatever, today there are talks to maybe loosen some..
It's extra cost but it's great that Toyota and others are looking into multiple options. That's how they'll stay afloat. In the meantime whole world is behind China on EVs and solar...

Tesla was only able to turn a profit starting Q2 of 2021 and to my 6 month old knowledge, Big 3 were still not profiting from building EVs.
So, there's sustainability, profitability and whatnot that also play a role.
And you've to acknowledge that automotive is an extremely volatile industry. First to go up in smoke in crisis as we've seen so many times. gotta keep options..

Then, when gas and gas tax goes away, electricity prices will rise. Usage will rise, there'll be need for additional sources. Do Tesla Super Chargers have flat rate across the US? Will we charge at home or will go to a "cheaper" station to charge??

Did you guys see this?:
fords deal to use tesla charging connector and superchargers could kill ccs

On another note, what bothers me right now is it's like we've completely forgone the concept of lightweight. All new ICE cars put on massive weight lately.
Add 48V mild-hybrid and you add 500lb easily and add comfort and convenience options you're at 1000lb.
Keep the ICE alive, lower engine disp add TC, but then we've tacked on so much weight. They require e-motor assist to get the car's ass moving... These are not making things easy for the ICE...

Anyhow, what's the likelihood that A100 will be at M2 weight or more, if EV.... Will Toyota add gizmos to give the driver the fun back from senseless, muted acceleration?
Sponsored

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Betting on one horse is a gamble. Risk adverse options are to be kept whether legislation says this or that. Last year it was strictly 2035 or whatever, today there are talks to maybe loosen some..
It's extra cost but it's great that Toyota and others are looking into multiple options. That's how they'll stay afloat. In the meantime whole world is behind China on EVs and solar...

Tesla was only able to turn a profit starting Q2 of 2021 and to my 6 month old knowledge, Big 3 were still not profiting from building EVs.
So, there's sustainability, profitability and whatnot that also play a role.
And you've to acknowledge that automotive is an extremely volatile industry. First to go up in smoke in crisis as we've seen so many times. gotta keep options..

Then, when gas and gas tax goes away, electricity prices will rise. Usage will rise, there'll be need for additional sources. Do Tesla Super Chargers have flat rate across the US? Will we charge at home or will go to a "cheaper" station to charge??

Did you guys see this?:
fords deal to use tesla charging connector and superchargers could kill ccs

On another note, what bothers me right now is it's like we've completely forgone the concept of lightweight. All new ICE cars put on massive weight lately.
Add 48V mild-hybrid and you add 500lb easily and add comfort and convenience options you're at 1000lb.
Keep the ICE alive, lower engine disp add TC, but then we've tacked on so much weight. They require e-motor assist to get the car's ass moving... These are not making things easy for the ICE...

Anyhow, what's the likelihood that A100 will be at M2 weight or more, if EV.... Will Toyota add gizmos to give the driver the fun back from senseless, muted acceleration?
Don't forget the AWD setup

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Carbon Fiber production will include (up to this point):

Hood
Bumper Skirt
Roof
Outer Door Cover
Rocker Panel Skirts
Trunk Lid
Spoiler
Rear Diffuser

No word on what car(s) these will be for yet.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Question about the GRMN, you think there'd be a test mule out there

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well if it's just an engine swap with no visual changes only a trained ear could tell the difference, even so could easily be dismissed per mods..

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a reason why all the MKVI renders seem to be trying to turn the Supra into a shitty Z?
Too many assumptions being made…too early.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
they wont know what's on offer until the next all-electric gen comes out and its too late to buy the last ICE supra.... :rolleyes1:

OP
OP
vb22

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
they wont know what's on offer until the next all-electric gen comes out and its too late to buy the last ICE supra.... :rolleyes1:
I'm thinking it will be a hybrid before going full on EV.

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
I agree. I think Toyota will take a similar route to others and shift to hybrid before all electric.
From. My understanding, that is their current plan after reading several articles about their long-term goals.
Sponsored