Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
San Jose/Bay Area, Im coming down to LA in a few weeks if ya are there
Ya you are a bit far.... haha. I might be up your way next month though. Depending on exactly where you end up in LA, I may be far or I still may be really far haha.
Sponsored

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3
So update on the Swift spring install on the Ohlins. They fixed the issue and ride much much better than the original Ohlin springs. I had dampening set at 10 all around on the Ohlins and 10 on the Swifts and its much more compliant in cornering (more direct), and better on the microbumps, humps, dips, etc in the Bay Area (notoriously shitty).

The Swift springs were installed and with the Ohlin spec preload of 190 it lowered about 5mm from before, then the preload was set at 210 and completely fixed the issue with ride height. With the helper springs up front the car has preload fully even when raised. The rear actually needs a pair of helper springs because there is about 20mm of no preload if the car is raised in the air, since the new Swift rear spring is 180mm instead of the Ohlin 200mm. Ordered this, but not much of a concern just dont jack the car up without caution until you install.

So if you install aftermarket camber plates up front you need to install shorter springs, with helpers front and rear, you should need the following:

Front Springs:
Z65-152-110
ID: 65mm (2.56")
Length: 152mm (6") × 2

Rear Springs:
Z65-178-180
ID: 65mm (2.56")
Length: 178mm (7") × 2

Helper Springs:
H65-135-0008
Swift Helper Springs - Flat Wire 65mm (2.56") ID × 4

Adjust the preload to 210 and you will have the following ride height in the photos below. The rear needs to be raised slightly due to the shorter spring but that will be solved in my alignment next week. Otherwise I definitely recommend anyone with the Ohlins to swap out the original springs for these for better ride height and a much better ride.
I'm intrigued by your set up. Where is a good source to get the swift springs from and you running top hats?

OP
OP

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
And can you also spec these spec of springs from Ohlins?

krumpir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm intrigued by your set up. Where is a good source to get the swift springs from and you running top hats?
Barry from 3DMmotor sports. He only does Ohlin and is aOhlin dealer. He does rebuilds, revalves etc. there isn’t anyone in the industry better with Ohlins then him.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Really want a set of coilovers for my MT, everyone says it will be a night and day difference from my HKS springs. This is a tempting option

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Do you guys track on these setups or is this mostly feedback from road driving?

Good info in here 🤘

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Really want a set of coilovers for my MT, everyone says it will be a night and day difference from my HKS springs. This is a tempting option
Are you thinking Ohlins Philip? And since you mentioned it, does it really matter MT vs AT? The price is mega tempting!

Like @Deighvid, curious how these perform on track. My car with Eibach springs and sway bars really does well & feels great on track. However, it would be nice to be able to adjust the height.

Last edited:

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3

Good info in here 🤘
I haven’t tracked mine yet. My rear OEM shocks took at crap on me with H&Rs springs. I do have Ohlins on my other car and previous cars so I knew they will be good for street use and occasional track use.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

Good info in here 🤘
I went from Eibachs to Ohlins and its a world of a difference on the track, in just about every way possible. Now that I have full aero, I might need to go to some stiffer springs. Will report back in about 2 weeks after my day at Buttonwillow.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I went from Eibachs to Ohlins and its a world of a difference on the track, in just about every way possible. Now that I have full aero, I might need to go to some stiffer springs. Will report back in about 2 weeks after my day at Buttonwillow.
Dude I’m so jelly! Especially at this price point. Where did you buy them from? Those canceler things come with em? Any computer code errors that you couldn’t remove? Thanks brother 🙏🏼 Pretty sure I’m hopping on the Ohlins bandwagon. That one statement has me SOLD 👊🏼

Last edited:

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Dude I’m so jelly! Especially at this price point. Where did you buy them from? Those canceler things come with em? Any computer code errors that you couldn’t remove? Thanks brother 🙏🏼 Pretty sure I’m hopping on the Ohlins bandwagon. That one statement has me SOLD 👊🏼
Do the Ohlins. Get them from 3DM, work with them to get your valving and spring rates right for YOU. Youll need cancelers from somewhere, 3DM can probably source that for you.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I got mine from a place no normal person can order from. Sorry! They were super cheap though. Like $2300. I did the RSR cancellers and have had no issues with them. Just remember that the Ohlins come with no top hats and they want you to use factory ones (no camber adjustment). So you need to get aftermarket ones if you want to be able to adjust that way.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do the Ohlins. Get them from 3DM, work with them to get your valving and spring rates right for YOU. Youll need cancelers from somewhere, 3DM can probably source that for you.
Nice! I’ll use them. I have the Eibach springs that came with the sway bars. Would prefer stiffer. Thanks 🙏🏼

I got mine from a place no normal person can order from. Sorry! They were super cheap though. Like $2300. I did the RSR cancellers and have had no issues with them. Just remember that the Ohlins come with no top hats and they want you to use factory ones (no camber adjustment). So you need to get aftermarket ones if you want to be able to adjust that way.
I have the mega popular Verus camber plates. Got them before I got the SPL adjustable control arms. So I can ditch them if needed. Unless those would work? I have all my OEM parts as well…

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Nice! I’ll use them. I have the Eibach springs that came with the sway bars. Would prefer stiffer. Thanks 🙏🏼

I have the mega popular Verus camber plates. Got them before I got the SPL adjustable control arms. So I can ditch them if needed. Unless those would work? I have all my OEM parts as well…
The Verus plates dont work with the Ohlins, unless you know someone, like me, who made them work. Just let me know when you make the swap and I will give you all the info needed to make them work.
Sponsored