Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I'd stay with stock unless i'm in a race car or in TT for few reasons.

- I'm not going to break track record on non-racing, street legal car. so why add another variable for extra money?
- cost - track is already expensive as is. break pad, tires, fuel, travel, registration fee, ETC. I'd like to enjoy driving on track without burden of extra cost and easy maintenance.
- learn breaking - with upgraded break system (assuming that indeed improves breaking by considerable margin) your breaking distance is so short that you (novice to intermediate level) will not have enough time to practice trail breaking if you are breaking at right point.
- Stock break system is good enough for track driver who goes to track ~4 times a year. make sure it works as intended.
- I haven't had break fade issue even on 100+ F day. most tracks I've driven has 2 perhaps 3 hard breaking zones out of 11~17 corners unless you are on Nürburgring Nordschleife.

So far, only few I've seen able to properly use good breaking system. my suggestion is use that money to get a good meal or something for later.

but that's only my opinion.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'd stay with stock unless i'm in a race car or in TT for few reasons.

- I'm not going to break track record on non-racing, street legal car. so why add another variable for extra money?
- cost - track is already expensive as is. break pad, tires, fuel, travel, registration fee, ETC. I'd like to enjoy driving on track without burden of extra cost and easy maintenance.
- learn breaking - with upgraded break system (assuming that indeed improves breaking by considerable margin) your breaking distance is so short that you (novice to intermediate level) will not have enough time to practice trail breaking if you are breaking at right point.
- Stock break system is good enough for track driver who goes to track ~4 times a year. make sure it works as intended.
- I haven't had break fade issue even on 100+ F day. most tracks I've driven has 2 perhaps 3 hard breaking zones out of 11~17 corners unless you are on Nürburgring Nordschleife.

So far, only few I've seen able to properly use good breaking system. my suggestion is use that money to get a good meal or something for later.

but that's only my opinion.
Learn how to spell brakes correctly while you learn how to drive faster. ;)

If you don't have brake fade on track with stock brake pads and fluid, you are 1000% not driving fast. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Learn how to spell brakes correctly while you learn how to drive faster. ;)

If you don't have brake fade on track with stock brake pads and fluid, you are 1000% not driving fast. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Truth. But we all started somewhere :)

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
wow... you must use brake a LOT! when you spend more time on brake, you spend less time on accelerator. when you spend less time on gas pedal, you are slower than one uses gas pedal more. that is the truth & fact.

done with this thread. i will leave it to your own decision.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
wow... you must use brake a LOT! when you spend more time on brake, you spend less time on accelerator. when you spend less time on gas pedal, you are slower than one uses gas pedal more. that is the truth & fact.

done with this thread. i will leave it to your own decision.
lmao. That’s funny.
Sponsored