Oil found in charge pipe , mishimoto oil catch can like not doing it's job.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
None of the current catch cans on the market really do anything for the supra besides looking pretty (not applicable to all products) under the hood. Its a pretty widely covered topic on these forums - they all pretty much come up dry and do nothing :dunno: in addition to mishimoto having extra problems for some users of reported white smoke (also covered).
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
None of the current catch cans on the market really do anything for the supra besides looking pretty (not applicable to all products) under the hood. Its a pretty widely covered topic on these forums - they all pretty much come up dry and do nothing :dunno: in addition to mishimoto having extra problems for some users of reported white smoke (also covered).
Yep, Iā€™ve seen posts by a lot of people running catch cans. Iā€™ve never seen a single person who said it actually caught anything. All of them have said the same thing, the catch can is always dry and any issues they had with oil in the charge pipe have continued.

OP
OP
stockkid

stockkid

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR supra , bmw 530i
so oil in charge pipe is a known issues and as of now just live with it ?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Maybe the question is did you have oil in charge pipe before putting the OCC?? Maybe the OCC, or installation, etc. whatever is causing a leak or vacuum where it's not supposed to be.
Try removing for few days/weeks?

OP
OP
stockkid

stockkid

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR supra , bmw 530i
yes I saw oil in charge pipe before installing the OCC after installing still saw oil in charge pipe.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yes, as pizza is bad for you.. but we all consume it cause we are alive and healthy until we aren't.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Correct. The b58 does a really good job of taking care of that oil in combustion.

No one has ever caught oil. All the big power tuners including mine donā€™t use them. Waste of money. If it makes you feel better by all means. Itā€™s your dough
Sponsored