Ordering Process For New Supra

Are you planning on buying a first year model?

• Yes, I can't wait any longer. Also willing to pay dealer markups.

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No, I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out & the hype / markups to die down.

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
With all this hype, I just hope we don't get screwed with mark-ups. The timing appears to be right for a summer 19 release. Can wait.
Sponsored

AZSupra

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
With all this hype, I just hope we don't get screwed with mark-ups. The timing appears to be right for a summer 19 release. Can wait.
You're going to need to find a dealer that will let you order at MSRP or doesn't charge "market premium adjustments"

Penske is one example

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao. This poll shows the car will sit at dealerships for a while.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
Well TBH, I'm not planning on a new car for another 5 years or more. Gotta get the House first. So I might be in time for a face lift.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
Well TBH, I'm not planning on a new car for another 5 years or more. Gotta get the House first. So I might be in time for a face lift.
3-4 year run tops and it will be discontinued.

Official reason = it was always meant to be a limited production run (lack of sales).

Nurburgring

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 Turbo, M3 E46, Turbocharged NA Miata, S2000, Mazda FC3S & FD3S, EP91 Starlet, EK9 Type R, EG6 Sir2, AE86, 3SGE AE86, Evo7RS, F3 race car
Official reason = it was always meant to be a limited production run (lack of sales).
You mean just like the A80? Hopefully not.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
You mean just like the A80? Hopefully not.
A80 was 10 years of production....A80 was a limited run, it was continuation from the other A series Supras. We just have a freakn big gap since then. They could easily do what Nissan is doing with their GTR and continue to make upgrades in stock form. The 09 GTR is nothing like the 2018, even though they are the same body minus few cosmetics. As long as it dont start as a 60-65k car and a few years later it's 125k, I'm okay with watching the Toyota continuing to improve the platform.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
A80 was 10 years of production....A80 was a limited run, it was continuation from the other A series Supras. We just have a freakn big gap since then. They could easily do what Nissan is doing with their GTR and continue to make upgrades in stock form. The 09 GTR is nothing like the 2018, even though they are the same body minus few cosmetics. As long as it dont start as a 60-65k car and a few years later it's 125k, I'm okay with watching the Toyota continuing to improve the platform.
From 93 to 98 in the u.s. technically 93.5, so for 4.5 years but who is counting.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
From 93 to 98 in the u.s. technically 93.5, so for 4.5 years but who is counting.
Maybe to 98 in US, but in other markets it was 2002. Regardless what it did in America, it was still produced for 10 years.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I believe after 98 the Supra was only still being product for Japan. Outside of the Land of the Rising Sun, sales weren't all that great.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

Japan: 31,575
USA/Canda: 11,446+227 = 11,673
Europe/General Europe: 1671+27 = 1,698
Gulf Corp Council: 120
Pre-Production: 62
Unknown: 102

TOTAL: 45,230

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?

oh ok... Guess you know what's official now, may I please see this "Official reason" of yours that says the car will only be around for 3-4 years. Like the A90 will only run for 4 years.

Please, I think it will contribute to our forums. I always find it fun when someone tells me anything "Official" and it's not our usual @Guff and @A70TTR

I mean it's super interesting, and I'm interested to see the Official stuff, seeing as someone as you who is not HYPED about the car has official information.

Please share with all of us.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
oh ok... Guess you know what's official now, may I please see this "Official reason" of yours that says the car will only be around for 3-4 years. Like the A90 will only run for 4 years.

Please, I think it will contribute to our forums. I always find it fun when someone tells me anything "Official" and it's not our usual @Guff and @A70TTR

I mean it's super interesting, and I'm interested to see the Official stuff, seeing as someone as you who is not HYPED about the car has official information.

You forgot to take your meds today? Relax grasshopper, I was just sharing my guess of what the official reason would be as that sort of the standard answers for these kind of projects.

Did you really think I was giving official info or pretending it was really official? Scary shit man.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo

Just for jokes and giggles since you asked.

Here is the proof!

7F68DAF9-F78C-445D-B196-4F1D82AEE032.jpeg