Ordering Process For New Supra

Are you planning on buying a first year model?

• Yes, I can't wait any longer. Also willing to pay dealer markups.

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No, I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out & the hype / markups to die down.

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
If that price jump from the 4cyl to 6cyl is accurate I'd suspect that 6cyl does have some type of hybrid configuration to justify the cost. As far as the 4cyl price that's what I expected, but I hoped the 6cyl was in the $50-60k range. For $70k that better be Toyota's new TT V6 under the hood and not a shared BMW engine.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
I'd guess for those prices, there may be more than one motor involved for each car.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Another (bad?) news; I was told both engines are BMW's...still not sure what types of 4 or 6.

Hopefully dealership is getting bad information.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another (bad?) news; I was told both engines are BMW's...still not sure what types of 4 or 6.

Hopefully dealership is getting bad information.
:spam: - burn down the site now if this is true at those asking prices :flame:

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
I am still waiting on something more official before casting judgment. Leaked documents, build sheets, press releases, whatever. Something real more than just "I heard" or "dealer said" etc. Almost anything a dealer employee tells you, be it salesman or manager or otherwise, is bullshit. It's usually 3rd, 4th 5th hand info and something the boss read on the internet quickly gets retold into "the manufacturer said in their dealer meeting..." Right now there's still too much speculation, too many uncertainties at this point to figure out what the car is.

Today's evo article seems to suggest the car should compete with Porsche. So who really knows. If it's a $40-50k Cayman-fighter with a 350 horsepower turbo four, and a 911 fighter with a 500 horsepower turbo six at ~$70k, it could be a real winner.

When the dealer gets an order sheet or an options guide, let us know ;)

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ yup same here. Just waiting on official news from Toyota and them showing us what they are bringing to the table. I think a lot of older articles will be brought back to life with old + new rumors all mixed up into HYBRID news until this thing comes out. It's going to be a long 8 months.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
Just put my name down for one of the first, if not the first supra to land in BC Canada.

Of course that doesn't mean a thing yet, but this guy did pull through with the first type R that came over.

There is no official list, but if this was like the type R or focus RS, you'll need to put your name down before it's official or it's too late ( As I've found the hard way)

No cash needed yet, that indicates it's still a ways away. The type R needed cash down asap, meaning it was already in transit.

For those who do not know, generally for any vehicle, factory optioned vehicles are shipped before customer orders are taken that way they have some for dealers to sell and to generate hype - unless there is a VIP option like Porsche has.

I'll keep you guys posted if I'm asked for any money or if I hear of any options!

Again, this doesn't mean anything yet until money is down, but I should at least be one of the first to know when one is in transit!

Exciting times!

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I want to spend an extra 10k+ in dealer mark ups. While it would be cool to have one of the first I think I’ll wait

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
Not sure I want to spend an extra 10k+ in dealer mark ups. While it would be cool to have one of the first I think I’ll wait
Mark ups are illegal here. So no worries here.
In fact I was offered $1000 off the M2 here when they were impossible to get stateside before deciding against it

I know down there you guys have a hard time with that and I'm sorry for it.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
So it's like the Ford GT?
Just put my name down for one of the first, if not the first supra to land in BC Canada.

Of course that doesn't mean a thing yet, but this guy did pull through with the first type R that came over.

There is no official list, but if this was like the type R or focus RS, you'll need to put your name down before it's official or it's too late ( As I've found the hard way)

No cash needed yet, that indicates it's still a ways away. The type R needed cash down asap, meaning it was already in transit.

For those who do not know, generally for any vehicle, factory optioned vehicles are shipped before customer orders are taken that way they have some for dealers to sell and to generate hype - unless there is a VIP option like Porsche has.

I'll keep you guys posted if I'm asked for any money or if I hear of any options!

Again, this doesn't mean anything yet until money is down, but I should at least be one of the first to know when one is in transit!

Exciting times!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yep ^

There were a bunch of prerequisites and an application process as well, so pretty different than what Haros is saying.
Sponsored