Owner Review: Supra vs. my exes (911, Cayman, M2, Type R)

OP
OP
Brandonanix

Brandonanix

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
everytime I change lanes, I pray I don’t hit a car. Gotta look at the blind spot mirror sensors. I am old fashioned and like to look back but I can’t see shit when I do. Lol
Agree completely! I still look back but cant see anything. It’s hard to 100% trust the blind spot sensors but they have been around for quite some time now and I do actually trust them for the most part!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
For me, I set my side mirrors outward enough that I don't need to do shoulder checks on my cars.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I have come to have 100% faith in the blind spot monitors. I have mine set to the intermediate setting. I also rely a lot on the parking monitors. It's interesting that, as low as this car is, it clears parking curbs easily.

pcw

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI, Outlander GT, Ford Fiesta, Fiat Abarth
Thanks for the great reviews. I'm bouncing between the 2021 Supra and the M2. I wonder how the M2 manual would have ranked. I ask because back in the day I owned a 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, grrreeeeat car, I had the manual, driving that car with the PDK was a totally different car, it was just more unpredictable in certain situations. I feel the same way with the M2, I have driven the manual, but not the DCT. The Supra I have driven was 2020 used LE, I really enjoyed the ZF!

pcw

OP
OP
Brandonanix

Brandonanix

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Thanks for the great reviews. I'm bouncing between the 2021 Supra and the M2. I wonder how the M2 manual would have ranked. I ask because back in the day I owned a 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, grrreeeeat car, I had the manual, driving that car with the PDK was a totally different car, it was just more unpredictable in certain situations. I feel the same way with the M2, I have driven the manual, but not the DCT. The Supra I have driven was 2020 used LE, I really enjoyed the ZF!

pcw
Personally, I think the choice between the 2021 Supra with increased HP, vs M2 competition is a no-brainer for me; Supra 100%. However I have had a ton of BMW M cars (Multiple M3’s, Two M4’s, M2 Comp) so for me the car just felt a little too safe, and too tired.

If you do not care about modern tech like Head-up display, blind spot monitors, rear collision, adaptive suspension etc, and are ok with a more harsh ride, then you will have no problem loving the M2.

This was a big eye opener for me when trying to figure out why the Supra feels so much more fun to drive than my M2. The Supra’s platform was built by BMW SPECIFICALLY to be a small sports car and nothing more. It uses M2’s aluminum suspension components as well. The M2 and the rest of the BMW portfolio’ chassis need to be able to adapt into sedans, family cars, luxury models, sport models, M models, so in theory there are some elements of compromise along the way.

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
Awesome review inspired me to want to do one with my RCF. (but Im lazy)

94427430912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=HDblq5v6xgIAX_QNnod&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc3-1.jpg

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Agree completely! I still look back but cant see anything. It’s hard to 100% trust the blind spot sensors but they have been around for quite some time now and I do actually trust them for the most part!
Look at it like this, if we total it out. We just go pick up a 2021 or 2022. Lol

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Awesome review inspired me to want to do one with my RCF. (but Im lazy)

94427430912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=HDblq5v6xgIAX_QNnod&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc3-1.jpg
always trying to get attention and show off with your mansion and cars. Lmao but this time, your on somebody else’s thread. lol sorry, I speak the truth and my mind. We all know you got a huge house and nice driveway way with rc-f, a90, and your sick toyota off-roader. No need to keep rubbing it in to us poor people.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
always trying to get attention and show off with your mansion and cars. Lmao but this time, your on somebody else’s thread. lol sorry, I speak the truth and my mind. We all know you got a huge house and nice driveway way with rc-f, a90, and your sick toyota off-roader. No need to keep rubbing it in to us poor people.
I sold my stuff lol. I'm rocking our 2012 Honda Odyssey Great Dane carrier/winter car till the Supra gets here :rofl:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase

pcw
I feel like I saw this a lot... But Supra no question. M2 just feels numb and stiff, an interesting oxymoron imo. I have had a F80 M3, driven multiple M2's both Comp and not, and had a 981 GT4. The Supra and GT4 are much better.

Reactions: pcw

Jah29

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
987, ZL11LE, ND2
I feel like I saw this a lot... But Supra no question. M2 just feels numb and stiff, an interesting oxymoron imo. I have had a F80 M3, driven multiple M2's both Comp and not, and had a 981 GT4. The Supra and GT4 are much better.

Oooh! Can you discuss supra vs GT4. Skipping the whole transmission thing of course:) we don’t want to start a fire here.

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Damn don't be hating. It's just a picture. I can appreciate the mansion and the cars.
Sponsored