Painting the stock rims ?

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)
Make sure to go with a low dust pad to keep those wheels clean.

I can say the Z16 pads make a big difference in keeping the wheels and car clean. I can drive for weeks with little dust, whereas one spirited drive and everything was dirty with stock pads.

4C14FBC4-2220-4E96-A65D-BA383FB33CC7.jpeg

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
What's everyone's experience with hyperdip durability/longevity?

Thinking this will probably be my interim plan until I decide to spend $8,000 on aftermarket rims or whatever they cost these days ?

Reactions: zrk

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Has anyone tried removing the black from the stock wheels (chemical stripping or sandblasting, then machining/polishing), and having the wheels in a fully machined finish? Maybe with a clear coat after. Should have a much more crisp and realistic metal look than a silver powder coat.
Well found someone in the owners club FB group who did just that, running stripped stock wheels:
1627356230863.png
1627356236081.png
1627356253880.png
1627356337946.png
1645597145201.png

Last edited:

tarponman85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X3MC
Has anyone tried removing the black from the stock wheels (chemical stripping or sandblasting, then machining/polishing), and having the wheels in a fully machined finish? Maybe with a clear coat after. Should have a much more crisp and realistic metal look than a silver powder coat.
this is interesting.. anybody?

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What's everyone's experience with hyperdip durability/longevity?

Thinking this will probably be my interim plan until I decide to spend $8,000 on aftermarket rims or whatever they cost these days ?
The only problems I’ve ever run in to with any type or dip spray is when you keep them in heat and on for a long time, they are a BITCH to get off of there. I would replace them once a year at least.

the last time I had anything dipped for a long time was my TSX. I blacked out the fog light mounts to be black instead of silver since the rest of the car was blacked out. Left it on for 2 years. When I went to take it off to trade it in, it was pretty much baked on there. I basically had to scrape them off with a razor. But that was about about 6 years and plasti-dip stuff has come a long way since then. So, idk. ??‍♂

Thought about Dipping mine but I have this red and white theme going and I know dipping wheels in white is not gonna be easy to keep white. Even if I cover them in ceramic.

The bronze on the red looks pretty damn good though.. ?

jonezj

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra 3.0
Satin poly gold powdercoat. Did four rear wheels to allow for a square tire setup (stock 275s all around). Required a 10mm spacer in front to clear but no rubbing. running 15mm in rear on h&r springs. rattle canned the center caps which you can barely see in the full car photo. best that way because its not a perfect gold match to the powder.

Overall, I'm really happy with the look and having NOT spent 3k on a new wheel tire setup. I picked up the second set of stocks with barely used tires cheap to allow the use of all 4 rear wheels at once.

Also FOR SALE: 4 stock front wheels ;)

Attachments

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
Anyone local to the Orlando, FL area that can recommend a good shop to get my wheels powder coated at? Looking to do either Satin or Matte Black
Sponsored