Parking assistance malfunction error

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Anyone else get this before and know how to fix it? I have never detached any sensors or body parts and the error popped up after installing my CF steering wheel.

I had disconnected the battery before the steering wheel removal and only reconnected after everything was re-installed.

The error kicks when I go from park to reverse or drive.

EDIT - Unplugged the negative terminal for 30 min and it seems that it cured the issue. Hoping it is just a mild case of the BMW bugs...

8E3E7438-88D2-438F-89BE-BC57AA49099D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Try putting the steering wheel back to stock and see if that clears. if so, you have an issue with that CF steering wheel. if not, check connectors for mis-contact. with the information you've given, I can only guess that car is not reading your steering angle correctly.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
I have the exact same issue, however mine started when I got an alignment. Has been to Toyota dealership x 4 weeks and they blame it on my tune although my tune had been on for nearly 5000 miles before this happened. Still no fix. Please let me know if you find a fix.

OP
OP
Munkeeboi

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still no solution on my end.

what tune are you on? I'm on Ecutek. maybe it's something I can talk to my tuner about, but like you, I doubt it is the cause of the issue.

OP
OP
Munkeeboi

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@jopfer I disconnected the negative terminal in the trunk for 30 min and so far the issue hasn't presented itself again and the sensors are working as intended.

angrytoddler

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red LE Supra MKV, Toyota FJ Cruiser, Ford Explorer Sport
Mine did this too when I did my steering wheel. I also had an issue with the auto time. I went I to system settings.... Unchecked auto time, exited the menu... Then rechecked auto time. Then drove it. All sensor errors cleared.

I also think the sensors need to detect something after reset. So whether you can go park somewhere with cars on both sides and then back out / in so the sensors can detect something as opposed to them detecting nothing and not knowing if they work. They are short range sensors.

Hope this makes sense.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
@jopfer I disconnected the negative terminal in the trunk for 30 min and so far the issue hasn't presented itself again and the sensors are working as intended.
I'll try this again, but I believe that I have done this in order to try and get it to reset, but its worth a try to make sure. I'll report back after I get this chance.

a90aloy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 a90 and 2020 r1
I disconnected the battery and then connected the battery. When I put it in reverse the back up camera came on but said there was a parking sensor problem. I turned off the parking assist and pulled out of my garage. Turned the car back on and the camera stopped working and got a message that there was a problem with the parking assist. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, not sure if it has to be more than a few seconds but I didn't want to do this again. Started the car and the back up camera turned on but said parking assist needs service. I didn't turn the parking assist off and backed out of my garage and the error disappeared. Put the car in drive and the back up camera didn't turn off until several seconds later. Everything is back to normal.

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
This issue is plaguing me. Iā€™ve disconnected battery, cleared codes via Bimmerlink, cleaned via WD-40, tested all sensors by placing objects standing next to them, etc..

The sensors WORK full 360 around the car but the the error keeps persists whenever I put the car in reverse like yā€™all.

Super frustrating since after driving a bit it just disabled the entire system.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Calibration didnā€™t work for me. Issue still plagues me 2 years later.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Yes I have. In fact I even had a full update done, that locked my ECU (lost my tune, had to have ECU bench unlocked) and the errors remain. Dealership had it for over 60 days without a solution. So took it home.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
We'll start a warranty claim. Get new sensors, harness, etc..

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Had this issue too and Toyota tried to blame it on my CF steering wheel. Took it to a different dealership that knew wtf theyā€™re doing and had the steering angle recalibrated and fixed.

2051CF5A-724D-4AA5-92A1-9CA130CA5711.jpeg
Sponsored