ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
you might check out supbirdy's build. he posted a video of installing the EVS panel (one side) ... at about 11:21 into the video. here is the link: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/kings-must-rise-supra-build-thread.5348/post-89904. I think its fairly easy except you have the cut the wheel well a little.

Keep us posted on your build ... love the content
oh snaps. I just found that video on youtube too. Thanks!

Doesn't look too hard but I'm probably going to let the shop handle it (i don't trust my unsteady hands with cutting the wheel wells).

In other news, this just came in.

G9R3Bm.jpg

EVS front lip and splitter combo from evasive. I had cancelled this but Evasive said I didn't and shipped it anyways. Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually am unhappy about receiving car parts for once.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you didn't see my previous post, the car is wrapped. Color is Avery Rock grey. Basically it's a nardo grey. lol.

Thanks to my good friend Ed who always does a spectacular job wrapping my cars.

0VxPll.jpg

wfnOBO.jpg

i5ww8N.jpg

oQ643y.jpg

oLSpE3.jpg

LNpWoc.jpg

rV30jq.jpg

We also installed the Verus canards though I'm not sure how long they would stay on there as it might interfere with my future aero.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
11.30.2020 - Thill East Cyclone Configuruation

Made a last minute decision to run Thill east with some buddies.

I think I'm finally somewhat getting used to driving RWD again. I signed up for double sessions and since it was a low car count day, I ended up basically running 12 sessions. The car took a beating and handled it like a champ.

Ended the day with a best of 2.04. Not surprising as my tires were shot at this point.

Some pictures and videos from that day.

zJuIst.jpg

h91oDe.jpg

c2vI5q.jpg

zao6N1.jpg

Best lap of the day:

Driving around with some buddies:

VS GT3RS and my old car (CTR):

VS ZL1 & Viper:

VS my buddy's supercharged ISF

Overall I'm really happy with the car. Even at it's current level, it's only a couple of seconds off from my fully modded Civic.

At this point, I think it could benefit from some aero to give it a bit more stability. The suspension can also be dialed in a bit more as it tends to understeer a teensy weensy bit. Power wise it would be really fun to dial it up a bit but I don't even know if my car can be tuned. lol.

One annoying thing I discovered about this car was that the fuel tank is wayyyy too small. In the 12 sessions that I had that day, I gassed up about 6 times. Basically, the tank is only big enough for two sessions. I can't imagine how it would be like if I ran the full two sessions back to back or if we increased the power (worse yet... can you imagine running E85?).

SOUPRAMKV

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra IV & Supra MKV
Hey, this is the same guy you asked about the Seibon Door Garnishes. Sorry, had to make a new account. We’re you still interested in buying the door garnishes? I believe we can come up with a deal that will satisfy both of us. Message when you can ?

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
great build and looks awesome! Following your progress!

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
One annoying thing I discovered about this car was that the fuel tank is wayyyy too small. In the 12 sessions that I had that day, I gassed up about 6 times. Basically, the tank is only big enough for two sessions. I can't imagine how it would be like if I ran the full two sessions back to back or if we increased the power (worse yet... can you imagine running E85?).
That is a downside to E85.. I have to fill up every couple days, just driving around town. I'd be interested in a 20gal fuel cell if anyone is making them!

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Great build! and love what youve done!
Ive been tracking my Supra since Oct 2019 and Sad to say...no matter what modifications you do to the car, it will not feel right under the ass. I mean that likely...car is numb, rear end does its own thing. I simply cannot tell whats happening and ive been driving/racing/Instructing the last 8 years. Ive driven manyyyyyy of cars and the Supra is a Great street car, just not great at all for Advance track rats.
Cars of choice that are in the Price bracket to what it takes to modify the Supra to be close to these cars are:

1) 2016 Porsche GT4
2) Corvette Z06 or Grand Sport (Monsters on the track, FAST!!!)
3) BMW E46 M3 with Preventative maintenance and mods.
4) BMW E92 M3 with some weight loss, Suspension/Chassis/brake mods
5) Miata RF (Much cheaper than Supra but greatest drivers car/Feedback)

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great build! and love what youve done!
Ive been tracking my Supra since Oct 2019 and Sad to say...no matter what modifications you do to the car, it will not feel right under the ass. I mean that likely...car is numb, rear end does its own thing. I simply cannot tell whats happening and ive been driving/racing/Instructing the last 8 years. Ive driven manyyyyyy of cars and the Supra is a Great street car, just not great at all for Advance track rats.
Cars of choice that are in the Price bracket to what it takes to modify the Supra to be close to these cars are:

1) 2016 Porsche GT4
2) Corvette Z06 or Grand Sport (Monsters on the track, FAST!!!)
3) BMW E46 M3 with Preventative maintenance and mods.
4) BMW E92 M3 with some weight loss, Suspension/Chassis/brake mods
5) Miata RF (Much cheaper than Supra but greatest drivers car/Feedback)
100% agreed. I actually had the exact same list as you with the exception of #5 being a S2000.

Ever since I've gotten this car, I've had a lot of people ask me how it is own and track it. And that's exactly what I tell them. It's not the best car for what you pay for. I think if it was 10-15k cheaper, YES. Totally possible for being the best in its bracket. But at it's current price, there are way better options.

With that said, I opted for the Supra mainly because I LOVE modding my cars. I also don't feel like (at my current age) that I'm ready to move onto some of the more "mature" cars on the list. I will probably opt for a Porsche some time in my life but the inner JDM fanboy in me told me to go with the Supra. So that is that.

OP
OP
ipeefreely

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That is a downside to E85.. I have to fill up every couple days, just driving around town. I'd be interested in a 20gal fuel cell if anyone is making them!
I don't even run E85. I did so on my Civic and it honestly got really annoying because the track doesn't sell E85 so I would have to lug a whole bunch of gas AND e85 to the track. Not worth the trouble to me at all.

I'd rather focus on dialing in the suspension and my driver mods than add power. lol.

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
100% agreed. I actually had the exact same list as you with the exception of #5 being a S2000.

Ever since I've gotten this car, I've had a lot of people ask me how it is own and track it. And that's exactly what I tell them. It's not the best car for what you pay for. I think if it was 10-15k cheaper, YES. Totally possible for being the best in its bracket. But at it's current price, there are way better options.

With that said, I opted for the Supra mainly because I LOVE modding my cars. I also don't feel like (at my current age) that I'm ready to move onto some of the more "mature" cars on the list. I will probably opt for a Porsche some time in my life but the inner JDM fanboy in me told me to go with the Supra. So that is that.
Well said brother! happy modding and keep us updated. Love driving the car on the street, soooOOOo many people stare, wave, pics...with the way i modded it... that to me is priceless.

Rndustries

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 A90
That's a difficult question to answer. haha.

I've only driven the Supra one more time on the track so my opinion might be a bit preliminary.

At this point though, I think I would choose the CTR over the Supra. This is assuming that the issues are sorted out (namely the overheating and the fuel starvation problems).

Allow me to elaborate:

- CTR cost almost 20k less than the Supra
- WAY WAY WAY easier to drive. It's actually scary how capable it is and how much confidence it gives you.
- Fast out of the box. You don't need to do anything other than maybe brake fluids / pads and new wheels / tires.
- Much better on gas - I'm filling up the Supra every two sessions on track days.
- Much more practical - It's a hatch. I've fit a big screen TV in the back before.
- The Civic has a manual - way more engaging
- Way better community. No offense but the Civic community is much larger. I am not shitting on the Supra community and I'm not saying that the Supra community won't get there but it's infantile compared to the Civic community.

I've said it before but for the money it's honestly really hard to beat the Civic. You just get so much for what you pay for. I think if the Supra were 20k cheaper, it would be really competitive but it's damn near 60k. That's A LOT of money for something that is only SLIGHTLY faster on track (and a whole lot harder to drive).

Civic community is also diverse enough to include the immature owners, but every community has its good and bad.

Unfortunately our cars are like hated as much as a bastard child of a German and a Japanese person during world war 2.

Driver preference. Type R is an amazing confidence inspiring vehicle, but some people like the Supra. The dynamics of throwing it into a corner are different.

Side note: I’ve done like 7 trackdays and have found so much hate for the car to where people come up to me just to talk shit