Plastics - BMW Brittle or Toyota Longevity?

anotherbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000
BMW has a reputation for plastic parts becoming brittle and failing.

Has this been addressed in the Toyota Supra or are brittle plastics something to expect as the car ages?
Sponsored

King OS

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
I owned a bmw 3 series before, and lemme tell yah, the old bmws main problems were electric. My interior was leather, and plastic which actually held its own in terms of looks, rather than functionality; but the amount of times i had to switch out the window actuator is unreal.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
Had an E39 M5 for 8 years and an E36 M3 before that. Electronics were what I experienced trouble with the most, but even then it wasn’t ever anything that left me stranded.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
From personal experience the interiors on my old E89 and E60 held up just fine. Like with the two posts above, electrical issues on the other hand = :cry:.

Toyota "Longevity" :lol:. After 3 years of back and forth Lexus finally replaced our dash. The dash on our Camry isn't cracked, but has melted. Toyota issued an extended warranty some time back but our VIN was not included.

lexus-cracked-dash-1.jpg

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Ya with my experience, worked for bmw for a while at one point, and owned many Toyota’s. The European interiors hold up well if you maintain them, but my japanese interiors seem to have longevity issues. So I would probably go with bmw due to supply chain and that’s not a bad thing.

it’s the electronics I’m worried about lol

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
I think he was referring more to the plastic parts under the hood.

Majority? More like all.
Sponsored