Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

Seahaven

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra and 1997 Mazda Miata
I did a lousy job searching the forum for the list of BMW ECU's that could be used to clone but couldn't find it. Could someone please provide the list or a link to the list? Thank you.

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
MHD Website is not yet updated for MHD Universal WIFI Adapter,
although it's for sale already

I would say what company to purchase it from as they ship it the same day with USPS Priority,
but I guess ill get banned on this forum as I'm not sponsor, idk what rules are here :) (see link in profile)

Basically, with MHD Universal WIFI, the MHD flashing of DME is supported, transmission flashing with xHP is supported,
Coding apps like bimmercode/protool, etc are supported

Also, if you leave it connected, it also sleeps when car is off, so consumes very little power (still triggers alarm if its not coded out tho)
How do I code it not trigger the alarm?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Isnt the partial unlock still ok the table for everyone? I only went with ecutek because I plan to port, but the clone isn’t needed if you just want stage 2

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
Isnt the partial unlock still ok the table for everyone? I only went with ecutek because I plan to port, but the clone isn’t needed if you just want stage 2
I think people would be happy with just the partial unlock at this point tbh. While a full unlock would be best, I just can't see that being done yet. If so, I would think femto would be the first to get it done given their experience. Until encryption can be broken fully and we don't need to clone ecus, plenty would be fine with just a partial.

That said, been watching this thread for almost 3 weeks and no real movement or mentions. Are we safe to assume this is another bait/lie thread?

supralewigi

First Name
lewigi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X1 and M2 Competition
i just find it ironic that toyota advertised this car as a tuner platform but barring 2020s (and some select 2021s), you have to go through a lot of hoops and hurdles to be able to fully tune the car (excluding jb4 and other piggbacks).

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
i just find it ironic that toyota advertised this car as a tuner platform but barring 2020s (and some select 2021s), you have to go through a lot of hoops and hurdles to be able to fully tune the car (excluding jb4 and other piggbacks).
I know there's like 10,000 threads here, and I wouldn't expect anyone to read through all of this. So I'll recap some points.

* Toyota has nothing to do with encryption on DMEs
* This whole thing is money based - Bosch uses the same (similar enough) hardware on several models
* Porsche/MB are affected too
* This encryption stuff has nothing to do with tuning, it's a side effect
* It's all about protecting IP. Unlocked/read access to ECUs allows car manufacturers to easily glean insight into things like self-driving technology, which is highly protected. Bosch says, 'fuck it, we'll encrypt the ecu, easier for us.' Elon is happy, Shareholders are happy, and literally not one person gives a fucking about an incredibly small percentage of customers that want to go fast.

supralewigi

First Name
lewigi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X1 and M2 Competition
I know there's like 10,000 threads here, and I wouldn't expect anyone to read through all of this. So I'll recap some points.

* This whole thing is money based - Bosch uses the same (similar enough) hardware on several models
* It's all about protecting IP. Unlocked/read access to ECUs allows car manufacturers to easily glean insight into things like self-driving technology, which is highly protected. Bosch says, 'fuck it, we'll encrypt the ecu, easier for us.' Elon is happy, Shareholders are happy, and literally not one person gives a fucking about an incredibly small percentage of customers that want to go fast.
Appreciate the concise cliff notes 🙏

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

Thanks for this. In short, it’s always going to be a cat and mouse game between tuners and manufacturers. The manufacturer can always outspend the hacker/tuner. Doesn’t mean they always win, but these days encrypted DMEs are very tightly locked down and there isn’t quite the incentive financially for some groups with appropriate resources to crack them.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
Thanks for this. In short, it’s always going to be a cat and mouse game between tuners and manufacturers. The manufacturer can always outspend the hacker/tuner. Doesn’t mean they always win, but these days encrypted DMEs are very tightly locked down and there isn’t quite the incentive financially for some groups with appropriate resources to crack them.
I've actually been thinking about that last part a bit for a while. If a group were to crack the encryption, or even bypass it using some sort of voltage hacks, how much would they even make from that? It wouldn't just be for supras, but all the Bosche DME's using the new encryption right? They wouldn't make millions upon millions of dollars, but I am sure there is some financial gain to be had.

I guess the only real problem is keeping the process proprietary so you can make all the money you can off it before someone else figures it out. Sounds...familiar...
Sponsored