Ppl running full e85???

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So to take full advantage of e85 and make the most power from it, we still need - lpfp, hpfp upgrades at a minimum? Or do we also need either port injection or upgraded direct injectors?
I’m not an expert on full e85 for full power builds on this platform yet, but I do know it depends on your setup. Usually need port injection for full e85. On larger turbos you will need lpfp as well.

The new HPFP and injector upgrades look promising to me. Sounds like it might negate the need for port injection for mild to medium size builds but those offerings are still very new. I’m excited to see end user data.
Sponsored

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I needed LPFP and port to run full e85. No issues here except it feels like I’m about at the power limit for the transmission.

Bigjsn250

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
If you add a LPFP, but not Port, is there any benefit, when do you simply run out of injector on the high pressure side?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
If you add a LPFP, but not Port, is there any benefit, when do you simply run out of injector on the high pressure side?
Definitely some benefit. I heard the lpfp cuts out fuel when you turn hard

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
it’s not slipping no. Just harder shifts.
I got the titan LPFP so that I don’t have that issue on corners. I’ve got a surge tank. Then I don’t have problems when I go to the track

kern417

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 440i
Plenty of people have ran full e85 on the stock fuel system. My car made more power on E85 than pump gas because my pump gas fuel quality is low. So it doesn't automatically mean that the car will be slow like some people think. Especially if you're in california etc. and stuck with 91.

I recommend getting either a flex fuel kit or at least an ethanol tester to see how much ethanol is actually in your E85. My local station is always around E75, so if I went somewhere that actually had E85 then I may have issues. Same goes for people that use stations that see wild swings in ethanol content. A flex fuel tune will continue to adjust fueling and boost control to compensate for any variation.

So what’s the purpose of the flex fuel kits other than measuring ethanol content?
That's the thing people miss for some reason. it's designed to automatically adjust. But no amount of parts suddenly makes the car safe. The tune is what makes it safe. If you put a flex fuel kit on your car, the tune can still request too much boost for your fuel/fuel system if it's not dialed in properly.

OP
OP
Shadows_mkv

Shadows_mkv

First Name
Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0 Premium MT
So how accurate is this? Told bm3 I was on multimap and was wondering if I could do full e85 due to it being cheaper and just easier than having to pump 2 different times. without PI or lpfp upgrade and this was their response. Im not a numbers guy for power.

IMG_1054.jpeg

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I would be more concerned about water absorption above e30. No real point running straight e85.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
So how accurate is this? Told bm3 I was on multimap and was wondering if I could do full e85 due to it being cheaper and just easier than having to pump 2 different times. without PI or lpfp upgrade and this was their response. Im not a numbers guy for power.

IMG_1054.jpeg
most stock cars are unable to supply enough fuel at full e85, so peak power is generally around e50.