Praise, complements, and questions - hate isn’t the problem

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
I’m pretty introverted by nature, but I love how much joy this car brings other people.

Last week my partner and I rented a house at the coast. On day 3, the little boy across the street came up to me beaming and said “nice Corvette!!”

I just smiled and said “thanks man!” :cool:
Sponsored

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Gas station again today: “amazing car!!!!”

Parking lot: “beautiful car.”

I did have a scat-pack warrior want to engage in a contest of acceleration. I declined. He strangely started tailgating me, within a few inches of my bumper. I changed lanes and he ended up next to me.

At the light, he said “afraid of the scat-pack??” I explained to him what the definition of scat, as a noun, was and that if he was a scat-packer I wasn’t going to judge: all lifestyles welcomed. His passenger was amused.

Amusement all around.

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
I’ve got nothing but compliments and genuine interest/questions in person. Waves and thumbs up as I drive by others. Really kind of surprising based on the negativity online.

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
A guy at a parking lot just said to me "I love your car man....is it a Supra? I've never been into sports cars, never had an interest until I saw this one".

In my nearly 6 months of ownership I'd only seen 3 other Supras, all from a distance, until yesterday when I saw a white 3.0 on my left mirror at a stop light and ohh boy, does the Supra look beautiful and imposing when it's behind you.

OP
OP
H2O_Doc

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Gave the thumbs up to a mint Buick Grand National. He followed me into a parking lot to talk to me about the Supra.

I remember the Blackbirds from the 80s when I was in high school. I remember the sound of the turbo as the went sailing by.

what an oddly wonderful and peculiarly American car that thing was. About as aerodynamic as Rosanne Barr.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Received the nod of approval from a guy in a 2019+ R8 at an intersection. Would have loved to race him but he was turning and I was going straight.

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
Gave the thumbs up to a mint Buick Grand National. He followed me into a parking lot to talk to me about the Supra.
I've always wanted a GN! Grew up around muscle cars and that was one of my favourites as well as the Mach 1. The boyfriend at the time had the '69 GTO and his brother had the Mustang fastback.

The other day I was walking the dog and a there was an oncoming car and I was like "damn what is this, it looks nice, oh wait, it's a Supra, I got one of those and damn it looks nice when driving around!"

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Had a AMG C63 pull up along aside of me at a light. There were what looked to be 6 teenagers piled in it. The passenger rolls down the window and starts laughing, then says, “what an ugly car.” I said, “yeah, to some it might be, but to *everyone* I’m ugly.” He said, “you got that right.” The light turned, and I smoked the AMG.

Last edited:

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
The entire fry team from the KFC came to the drive-through window and asked to hear a rev.

They were not disappointed.
But are you able to get a bucket through the window opening?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Was at the Shell station closest to my house late last night. All 6 pumps open both sides. I start fueling and a C8 pulls in and takes the same pump. I’m thinking, “oh here we go.”

A woman gets out of it. She’s bigger and quite possibly uglier than me. “This can’t be happening,” I thought. She looks at my car, and says, “Wanna trade?” “For real?” I managed to say in a falsetto voice that caught me off guard and kinda creeped me out.

“You afraid you can’t handle an American mid-engine V-8?” she fired back. I replied, this time several octaves lower, “you think you can handle a German-Japanese turbo-charged beast?” We shook hands after fueling and set off each in the other’s car.

I didn’t know how long exactly I was supposed to be driving her car. Maybe I wouldn’t ever see my Supra again! But I thought this is an opportunity, so I took the lead and headed to a shorter (5 mile) stretch of toll road where there was likely to be no one and no cops.

We roll raced for a while, pushed them until the limiter kicked in in my car, and I discovered there isn’t one in the C8 (my asshole seriously puckered around 180). Good god.

After almost an hour of fun, we exited and swapped cars again. She said, “here’s my number, call me if you want to do it again. The Supra is a beast like you said” and handed me a piece of paper.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
99.99% of my experience has been positive -- I've had people complimenting that car in all sorts of scenarios -- drive-thrus, gas stations, pulled up at stop lights. I get looks from most imported cars (Evos, R35 GTRs, Ferraris, Mercs, Porsches) and they all love it.

The only hate this car gets is online from keyboard warriors and from those who would probably go and hide in a corner if you counter their "nice BMW" with "what do you drive?"

I've also felt a general sense of apathy from muscle car owners, don't know why.
Because most muscle car owners are driving i4s and ecoboosts, or weigh 4k+ pounds. Where I live there are endless cheap MOPARS, mustangs and camaros. Endless base models rolling around. They see the Supra and question their life choices haha. Many also have no clue what it is so they don't know if they should challenge the Supra! Joking but yeesh, I can't even tell you how many chargers I see a day.
Sponsored

Last edited: