Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by XtremeMaC, Jul 22, 2019.
Cousin’s house in WI, near Green Bay.
Keep us posted when you hear something
At the dealership to pick mine up. Saw it in the back. Tech has the computer hooked up to it.
Waiting to pay for it still. Detailer is working on it getting it cleaned up. Said he’s going to clay bar the car, hit it with a light polish and put a sealer on it.
I wouldn't let a dealer do such a paint preparation, it usually equates to a systematic paint damaging process.
I hear the cali port has supras held up for quality control checks according to Tj Hunt
Nice car! I’ve only seen a few with a lower # than mine and this is one of them!
That’s interesting about the dealer. My dealer was super friendly, but I wouldn’t have wanted them touching anything more than they needed. I hope your guys do a great job for you! Enjoy the car!
So much this. I always budget for my new cars $3k-$4k for a proper detail correction/ceramic coat and curable clear bra combo for the whole car.
Just checked in with my dealer as well. Sounds like that's what they've been told as well. Stuck in LA port for some reason. Estimated delivery isn't until mid August. Have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed with Toyota at the moment. Seeing them launch around the country and knowing they've been at the port since early July is very frustrating.
Can't wait to pick the car up.
I got that too.
One of the techs at a local dealership said there was a recall on 30 Supras in Californi which may be the cause.
If I had to guess California thinks the car is too loud. What's everybody's thoughts
Mine is been held in Princeton IN...far away from from CA
What the heck are they holding them for. What did they find. Is it a real quality control issue?
My latest update: Let the dealer know this morning that I am flying home tomorrow and left a signed check with my friend to take drivery of it when it arrives.
Little backstory: Earlier in the week, I offered to stop in to fill out all of the paperwork, so if the car showed up, we would have that out of the way. Dealer said we should wait, as we want all of the appropriate dates on the paperwork.
Back to today: After I sent the text I was leaving town and wont be there for delivery, they called and wanted me to stop down today to pay for everything and sign the paperwork.
My thinking is, they knew they have no chance in hell that they will be able to convince my friend to buy the “underbody protection,” “scothgarded seats,” etc...
Maybe that is just my cynical thinking.
I am a little worried about paying for the car and signing the paperwork now. It is a very respected dealership, they wouldn’t try to screw me, but after signing, I take it, the car is mine....
Which means I need to get insurance on it, plus they have no idea where the car is....it could already be damaged, stolen, scratched....
I know that is highly unlikely, but does anyone have advice? Post date the check maybe?