Project Corvette Killer

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
OR. Swap supras with someone out here that's the same color as yours. Destroy. Then swap back to yours haha. Perfect.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Go pure 850 and call it a day. Speaking from experience but anything more than that and you’re on borrowed time. It may not blow immediately but you’re gonna be deep into it and batting well outside of trying to beat a corvette.
Trans and axles long before bottom end concerns

Reactions: zrk

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Trans and axles long before bottom end concerns
That’s a given when going big kit. I was one of the first few guys running a custom kit with a 6870. You can get away without the trans to about 600~ (which is more than enough car for most people). Multiple guys have done this.

Now with XHP tunes available, who knows what the stock trans can take. Before we couldn’t mess with the TCU settings.

Axles are gonna be necessary for drag at the strip for sure. Street, you could get away without, considering you’re not gonna have to worry about prep breaking stuff and wheel spin will save some money.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
again need to know if are unlocked, if locked still with the JB4, get a jb4 custom tune you on e50, get the visconti flex fuel kit ( message me i have some for sale) and you'll be good more then likely, if you really wanna beat him, get a pure 800, personally think it is better then 850, less lag.

OP
OP

drift72032

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
@zrk Brought up a good question… if you have a 21 or later that isn’t a unicorn (unlocked from factory) you will need start by getting your ECU unlocked. This is pretty costly in itself. Honestly depending on what you have done, I would say with driver mod, down pipe, tires, and some balls you should beat a corvette pretty easily.
What pricing have you seen on ECU unlocks?

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
So my dad is floating about his brand new corvette. I need to find a way to put it in my rear view mirror.
Hmm… what about making the Corvette slower? Little sabotage between family members never hurt.
Maybe I'm overly frugal, but it seems like betting on early onset dementia would be a lot cheaper than most of the suggestions in this thread.

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Maybe I'm overly frugal, but it seems like betting on early onset dementia would be a lot cheaper than most of the suggestions in this thread.
Going fast is never cheap lol. Especially if you want to do it more than once

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Id stick with the jb4. You can go big turbo still if Jesse takes care of you.

Im guessing he will suggest a pure800 e30 type custom tune. It’ll beat a c8 especially past 70mph; the c8 turns into a dog

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Big turbo honestly just means aftermarket turbo to 90% of people
If that's true, we need to educate. Stuffed turbos are physically the same same as factory. Pures other stuffed turbos, or anything 'stock frame' isn't a big turbo. It's not a shot at people running Pures or similar or calling them 'small' it's just that Big Turbo means a thing. A pure is not that thing.